Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Help with my chippia 1911 22cal replica

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default Help with my chippia 1911 22cal replica

Hey any one who owns a chippia 1911 mine is having constant mis feeds and i think its because of some notches at the entry of the chamber plus the shells when ejected are coming out misformed when put in fine. Is this happening to anyone else? is it a company problem or just my gun? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4462 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

good close up pics of the chamber area and knowing what brand of ammo your using would help.

with 22lr they can be finicky. the first step of diagnosing any 22lr issue is to see if the issue persists across 4 or 5 different brands of ammo. this should be done before any changes to the gun are undertaken.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Like Jon said-try some different kinds of ammo in it. If that don't work I'd advise sending it back to the factory. If you try to work on it and don't succeed, you'll likely void the warranty.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 06-08-2011, 06:05 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I know ill get ridiculed for this but i boughtit used andim not sure how long the warranty lasts do either of you know how long it lasts? And by the wat i use remmington hollowpoint lr

"When your goin through hell keep on going" Winston Churchill

Old 06-10-2011, 06:29 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4462 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Nothing wrong with buying used guns. But if you havetried only one type of ammo thats prolly the problem. Im not familiar with chiappa warranty.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-22-2011, 01:58 AM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Thanks ill try different ammo ill post again afterwards

"When your goin through hell keep on going" Winston Churchill

Old 06-22-2011, 03:52 AM   #7

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I had one of these handguns. The trick is to spray lots of WD40 on the slide. The guns will only function with things like Stingers and other hot .22 ammo. After it breaks in you won't need to heavy lube the slide and chamber. I traded mine for a GSG 1911. The GSG is a very fine pistol and will shoot anything. The GSG uses 80% of the parts from a standard .45 1911.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:42 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7557 Times on 3290 Posts
Likes Given: 1121

As a lube, WD-40 sux. About same lubricity as kerosene. Try a good lube, such as CLP. Also, as da man said, check chamber mouth for a dinged up mouth (firing pin)

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:57 AM   #9

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

The WD 40 will remove the hard coating they put on these guns. Once you get this out of the slide rails and moving parts it will function with .22 HV ammo.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:28 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Or you could polish the slide rails, but I think the OP doesn't wanna void the warranty if it's got one. Call Chiappa and give them your gun's serial number and they can tell you if it's out of warranty. If it is out of warranty then worry about working on the gun then, not before. Most 22lr pistols do have heavier springs than they should for bulk ammo, so breaking it in is either leaving the slide locked back for a while or shooting lots of ammo. It's also a good idea to have a good quality lube in any 22lr pistol since they are pretty picky as stated above.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.