Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Has anyone shot the Sig-1911 GSR Revolution?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Has anyone shot the Sig-1911 GSR Revolution?

I am considering the Sig 1911-GSR Revolution Carry in 45 caliber for home defense. My wife & I shot both the Sig220 & Sig-GSR at our local range. My accuracy was good with the Sig 220 but my accuracy with the Sig 1911-GSR was excellent.
Has anyone else shot the Sig 1911-GSR? And if you did shoot this gun was the gun reliable in feeding and functioning. I was considering the .357 mag for home defense but that handgun would probably make me both deaf & blind if I ever had to shot the gun inside the home. The most important thing to me is --is this handgun reliable?

Most of my shots were in the 4 inch red bullseye! My wife had all but 4 shots in the same bullseye from 15 feet away out of 10 rounds.
What do you think of the Sig 1911-GSR and its quality?
Thank-You for your feedback!

USMC...helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Wonder Dog - Congrats on choosing 1) A 1911 and 2) Starting your search for a quality one at that. Kudos to you sir.

I have not fired the weapon, but I have played with it and "field" stripped it at SHOT in 2008 and I have to say, it's a pretty good piece of kit all around.

I believe the GSR line has several models, so you will have to do some looking around and see which model it is that interests you the most.

The one I played with came with a machined steel slide & frame, fixed night sights, a competition ( tight chambered ) "Match Grade" barrel and pretty decent trigger pull.

Honestly, I think the weapon is/was a well built piece, but the price tag was a bit steep at around $1K.

I think that both Taurus & Kimber are producing pistols of comparable quality, the Kimber obviously has the edge all around between the two, but is also more $.

There is nothing wrong with the Sig at all. It's a well built piece and if you like it, shoot well with it and are comfortable with it, it would be a great addition to any home arsenal.

JD

Old 01-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Wonder Dog - Congrats on choosing 1) A 1911 and 2) Starting your search for a quality one at that. Kudos to you sir.

I have not fired the weapon, but I have played with it and "field" stripped it at SHOT in 2008 and I have to say, it's a pretty good piece of kit all around.

I believe the GSR line has several models, so you will have to do some looking around and see which model it is that interests you the most.

The one I played with came with a machined steel slide & frame, fixed night sights, a competition ( tight chambered ) "Match Grade" barrel and pretty decent trigger pull.

Honestly, I think the weapon is/was a well built piece, but the price tag was a bit steep at around $1K.

I think that both Taurus & Kimber are producing pistols of comparable quality, the Kimber obviously has the edge all around between the two, but is also more $.

There is nothing wrong with the Sig at all. It's a well built piece and if you like it, shoot well with it and are comfortable with it, it would be a great addition to any home arsenal.

JD
What other 1911's would you recommend that may be a little less in price then the Sig & yet be ultra reliable?

USMC...helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Old 01-01-2009, 09:37 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Kimber I think, personally, is turning out hands down the best bang for the buck 1911 right now if you are looking for something that has all the bells and whistles.

The Taurus PT 1911 is a very good piece that one of our members, stalkingbear, recently purchased and other than an initial sight problem, has found it to be very reliable and recommends it for purchase.

There is nothing wrong with the Sig at all - I just personally feel it's a bit expensive, but that doesn't take away from it's performance.

Now, if you aren't concerned about price and want the best OVERALL 1911 - that is a WHOLE 'Nother story....

JD

Old 01-02-2009, 12:19 AM   #5

I carry a GSR Compact stainless and I wouldn't give it up for anything. It's very accurate, much more accurate than I can shoot. You should be able to find The GSR full sized, Carry or Compact for under 1k. I paid $870 + tax for mine back in Feb.
As far as other optons, I think you could find a Dan Wesson, Kimber, or STI for similar money. Of course there are others, Springfield, Charles Daly, Para,for less money, but I honestly don't know if accuracy and quality are on the same level as DW, Kimber, STI. I'm not bashing the others, I just don't have any experience with the others.
BTW I've put about 6,200 rounds through my GSR in under 12 months and it is just as accurate now as when I bought it. Good Luck.

In God We Trust. (Everyone else, hands where I can see 'em)

If Obama is the answer, then the question must have been stupid.