Hard to find part for PT1911 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Hard to find part for PT1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrich3 View Post
Apologies to Ruzai. Your questions about the PT1911 degenerated into a pissin' contest between taurus owners. this forum is usually better than that, lots to learn. I enjoy shooting my PT1911, is very accurate. It never failed to fire, until it did. I believe the CS problem has more to do with Taurus Miami base, where rudeness and arrogance is a way of life. My wife and I quit our jobs in Sept. and fled back to the west coast of FL., it was that bad. I was born and raised in Lake Worth, it breaks my heart. Now, not a car horn to heard.......
Good riddance, if you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen, by the way did you turn off the lights on your way out??.

Born and raised in Miami, can you tell by my user name

Cuba

Last edited by cuba; 02-19-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 148 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Yeah, took the flag, too.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #23

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayscat44 View Post
I hear that. I love my PT-1911, got it about 3 years ago. I had a little trouble with one of the thumb safety's right off the bat. Taurus sent a fed-ex ttruck to pic it up the next day. About 3 weeks later I got it back fixed, shiney, and a new set of grips on it (not sure why)! Great customer service, for me anyway. I'm sure they have pricks that work there too. That's just the luck of the draw.
Maybe they damaged the old ones or lost them? Either way that is rather cool of them to give you new grips.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrich3 View Post
Apologies to Ruzai. Your questions about the PT1911 degenerated into a pissin' contest between taurus owners. this forum is usually better than that, lots to learn. I enjoy shooting my PT1911, is very accurate. It never failed to fire, until it did. I believe the CS problem has more to do with Taurus Miami base, where rudeness and arrogance is a way of life. My wife and I quit our jobs in Sept. and fled back to the west coast of FL., it was that bad. I was born and raised in Lake Worth, it breaks my heart. Now, not a car horn to be heard.......
Well opinion on Taurus seems to be pretty distorted amung the gun-community and me being alright with Taurus products for the most part (whether its luck or whatever) I have plenty of people give me greif over it, but its like water off a duck's back by now for me when I hear it.

Cuba, I understand what you're saying about the CS rep being able to make it hard or easy for you. They have something you want or need and if you're rude to them from the get-go chances are they'll make things hard for you just because they feel unappreciated. Its common sense when you think about it.

My conversation with the Taurs CS rep was fairly short but she did have that sound like she didnt quite enjoy her job but did it regardless.
I had to describe the part I was looking for and said I needed two, just in case I lost one. You can never have too many spare parts, after all.
I paid something like $11 for the springs. I asked for a poor gunsmithing student discount and there was an akward silence for a moment. Apparently she had the personality of a disgruntled fish but wasnt rude.

You have to think of the job from the view of a CS rep, its the same thing as lost baggage claim rep or even a sewage truck driver has; they catch crap all day long.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #25

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzai View Post
Well opinion on Taurus seems to be pretty distorted amung the gun-community and me being alright with Taurus products for the most part (whether its luck or whatever) I have plenty of people give me greif over it, but its like water off a duck's back by now for me when I hear it.

Cuba, I understand what you're saying about the CS rep being able to make it hard or easy for you. They have something you want or need and if you're rude to them from the get-go chances are they'll make things hard for you just because they feel unappreciated. Its common sense when you think about it.

My conversation with the Taurs CS rep was fairly short but she did have that sound like she didnt quite enjoy her job but did it regardless.
I had to describe the part I was looking for and said I needed two, just in case I lost one. You can never have too many spare parts, after all.
I paid something like $11 for the springs. I asked for a poor gunsmithing student discount and there was an akward silence for a moment. Apparently she had the personality of a disgruntled fish but wasnt rude.

You have to think of the job from the view of a CS rep, its the same thing as lost baggage claim rep or even a sewage truck driver has; they catch crap all day long.
Excellent point. I recently read that Springfield will mail a customer who bought XDM a left handed holster if said customer calls and asks. I did and the holster is on the way, also, I have a CZP-07, another company with great customer service. Ive had to contact them over a couple of small issues and they are quick to respond and always polite. By the way, have you seen the two tone PT1911? Nice looking huh? Black slide, silver frame.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 148 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 140

For the record, I wasn't rude or short with the CS woman as is being assumed. Firearms-related industries are renowned for going out of their way to satisfy their customers, so when I got the nasty from Taurus, I was holding the phone out in front of me, shocked. I've dealt with many gun-related companies on problems with guns, grips, mags, etc. I bought a Savage 110 package deal that sat on the shelf for over 4 years Box was lost along with the leather sling. Called Savage about a sling, they told me they no longer supply a LEATHER sling, but she would find one and send it immediately. I got it in 2 two days. Tha's what I'm used to from gun companies.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba View Post
I've had my PT 1911 since 2008 and all the contacts that I've had with Taurus customer service has been polite and prompt, well I was polite too!! so I got back what I projected, thats just a rule of life, I'm sure that most people that call a CS tech are frustrated and not in the best of mood, and thats understandable, but you have to understand that the person your taking to has the power to make it easy or hard, so you chose.

Besides my PT 1911 has been great, I've put about 16K round through it with out any failure to fire or failure to eject and with out any break in period, I've kept all the original fire controls and change out the springs about every 2500 round and under magnification all my MIM fire control parts look good, if it goes for another 10K rounds I'll be happy.

One Bad @ss gun

By the way if your unhappy with your PT 1911, I'll take it off your hands, I wouldn't want you to suffer any more. PM me
Great report on your Taurus, I don't know if I've heard such a positive feedback on a PT1911 16K rounds wow pretty impressive. I don't own one but I just knew there had to be some happy owners out there they have always seemed to be a great value when you see all the options that come standard equipment for them.

“Life’s tough … it’s even tougher if you’re stupid.”
John Wayne

Old 02-24-2012, 02:04 AM   #28

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Jackrich, The girl on the other side of the phone is probably just a receptionist that is trying to screen the calls, she was probably taken back by you trying to pay for the parts because they usually just ship replacement parts.

Let me give you a tip, next time you call ask to speak with Christian, his the CS manager and I believe that you will be surprised in his professionalism and promptness in getting the parts you need, out to you.

You cut out the middle man (lady on other side of phone)when you deal directly with the man.

Cuba

Old 02-24-2012, 04:26 AM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron0022 View Post
Excellent point. I recently read that Springfield will mail a customer who bought XDM a left handed holster if said customer calls and asks. I did and the holster is on the way, also, I have a CZP-07, another company with great customer service. Ive had to contact them over a couple of small issues and they are quick to respond and always polite. By the way, have you seen the two tone PT1911? Nice looking huh? Black slide, silver frame.
I've seen them, they're alright. I have the actual duo-tone with the black slide with polished sides and black frame. My next 1911 will be a straight silver stainless steel Springfeild. I plan to machine the ball-end cut, french cut, flat-top and checker the frame at 25 LPI and a few more various odds and end custom features on it.. The stainless steel on the PT1911 Duo-tone I have is easy enough to machine, but getting it blackened properly can get expensive and I didnt want to worry with sending out for it.

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:07 AM   #30

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzai

I've seen them, they're alright. I have the actual duo-tone with the black slide with polished sides and black frame. My next 1911 will be a straight silver stainless steel Springfeild. I plan to machine the ball-end cut, french cut, flat-top and checker the frame at 25 LPI and a few more various odds and end custom features on it.. The stainless steel on the PT1911 Duo-tone I have is easy enough to machine, but getting it blackened properly can get expensive and I didnt want to worry with sending out for it.
Call the company, I was only charged 45 bucks for the slide and barrel blued