Happy Happy Happy Rock Island Tacticsl 45 - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Happy Happy Happy Rock Island Tacticsl 45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Gator , thanks but I had to tweak this so much to fit ....... It would not be fair to you

Old 11-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #22

Liked 1304 Times on 735 Posts
Likes Given: 564

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampman View Post
Gator , thanks but I had to tweak this so much to fit ....... It would not be fair to you
Oh well, I prefer the arched housings anyway.

I had to file the "side rails" down to get a checkered mainspring housing to fit in my STI Spartan. I installed a mag well from S&A in my Colt Commander and it fit perfectly.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:41 AM   #23

Liked 62 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I have three Rocks (FS-Tac and CS-Tac in .45, .22TCM/9mm); and each has a different recoil spring system. They all seem to work very well and since I have two or three bushing wrenches the take-down procedure difference is moot on the full-sized guns and I have a RPRC (Reverse Plug Retention Clip) for the compact so it is no problem either. Two have polymer MSH's, one has steel; again, no real difference observed in operation and the difference in weight is negligible. So those are two areas of modification I prefer not to do. Triggers are a place where changing can be make a measureable improvement and I have had good luck with Cylinder & Slide units, properly lapped into the bow-channels and adjusted. Sights are another place where I'm not fond of the replica Novak's that come on the guns. I've applied Nitesighters to the appropriate blades and switched the adjustable rear sights from the TCM to the FS-Tac. For the TCM, a machinist friend and I are fabricating a Rock Island-specific mount for a small red dot reflex sight. Grips get changed with regularity while I search for the perfect hold and holsters are beginning to fill a whole shelf in my closet. I'm not a great shot (arthritis and old eyes can do that to you), but I enjoy the sport and am confident that any attacker will not be leaving my presence feeling happy. Rock Island pistols shoot accurately and reliably and that is all one can ask of a 1911 but what sets them truly apart is the quality of their customer service. There simply is no firearms company that matches their attention to making happy owners and keeping them that way.

Last edited by OldEagleEars; 11-21-2013 at 04:43 AM.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:22 AM   #24

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Nice post Old eagle ears! Thanks, PS Just ordered a Ruger LCR for the wife for Christmas in .38