The guardian

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > The guardian

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Default The guardian

Does anyone have a DAN WESSON 01987 GUARDIAN 45ACP 1911 I would like to have one and was wondering what you might think of it, I've read good and bad but really want to hear it from someone who actually owns one.

“Life’s tough … it’s even tougher if you’re stupid.”
John Wayne

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #2

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

While I don't have the Guardian, I have owned a Heritage (full size 5") and currently have a V-Bob (think guardian, but a bit higher end and forged steel). I really like Dan Wesson 1911s. I plan to eventually pick up a Guardian to rotate into carry. The Guardian is a forged alloy framed bobtailed 1911. It is almost half a pound lighter than the V-Bob. Because of the weight difference there will be more felt recoil.

I checked out both before I went with the V-Bob. I liked the slide stop, grips, and sights better on the V-Bob.

One thing I really like is that the Dan Wessons do not have MIM controls like some other manufacturers 1911s. The smaller parts are tooled steel. There is also more hand fitting done to them as well. I think you get a lot for your money. The Checkmate mags arn't too bad. I found Tripp 7rd springs and followers make them work flawlessly. Check out Tripp Cobra and Wilson mags too.

What bad have you read? Dan Wesson's are very well reguarded. For an overwhelming amount of info check out here:

Dan Wesson Forum

Here is my V-Bob:

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

Last edited by jamesb; 02-24-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3115 Times on 1790 Posts
Likes Given: 1326

The Duce. I have one out on a "permanent" loan. It is in his will to come back to me.
Sweet shooter. If you get one, keep it.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)