Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > grips on my colt combat elite

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default grips on my colt combat elite

i have stock rosewood grips on my colt combat elite and if i put stag or ivory grips on it will it raise the price or knock it down because you are taking from the origanality?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19988 Times on 11362 Posts
Likes Given: 50414

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke1999 View Post
i have stock rosewood grips on my colt combat elite and if i put stag or ivory grips on it will it raise the price or knock it down because you are taking from the origanality?
grips could raise the value somewhat if you invested some serious money in some truly nice grips in stag, ivory or exotic woods. but wouldn't lower the value as they could be replaced with the OEM grips as long as you still have them. i always keep the original grips for a pistol if i change them out. plus they are not a permanent alteration to the pistol and can be easily reversed.

Old 05-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #3

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
grips could raise the value somewhat if you invested some serious money in some truly nice grips in stag, ivory or exotic woods. but wouldn't lower the value as they could be replaced with the OEM grips as long as you still have them. i always keep the original grips for a pistol if i change them out. plus they are not a permanent alteration to the pistol and can be easily reversed.
^ Nailed it!

When I remove the stock grips from my guns I put them and the screws in a zip bag and store them, and any other original parts removed, in the gun's case. This way I can restore the gun to it's original condition. (That's if you only make non-destructive changes.)

If you install an expensive set of grips like Sambar Stag, Mammoth Bark or Ivory and want to sell the gun, advertise it with the disclaimer that the gun comes with it's original grips. There will be an up-charge for the premium grips shown if they want them.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Last edited by canebrake; 05-12-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Old 05-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #4

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
^ Nailed it!

When I remove the stock grips from my guns I put them and the screws in a zip bag and store them, and any other original parts removed, in the gun's case. This way I can restore the gun to it's original condition. (That's if you only make non-destructive changes.)
Zackly

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 05-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #5

Alright thanks