Great rail option - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Great rail option

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 109 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 12

In fairness a light is going to light up quite a bit of the room and CAN disorient your target. That said though; I must have a higher electric bill than most as my house is just never pitch black where I would need a light and hasn't been since my kids were young. Got in the habit back then of providing some light so they could make it back and forth to the bathroom, kitchen etc and its a habit that never died. But honestly even if my house were pitch black I feel like I would still have the advantage. I mean who would be better able to navigate my house in pitch black better than me? Just what could a robber etc do in a pitch black house where he couldn't see a thing? Would he have to have a flashlight; providing ME with a well defined target? I'll grant you in unfamiliar surroundings a light might be a good thing (such as a LEO searching someone elses house) but in your own home; not so much.

I think rail mounted lights are just one of those things that people think they need but if really thought through; they are not really sure why they think they need them. But then, that's why they make chocolate and vanilla; different strokes for different folks.

"The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."
Thucydides circa 460 bc - c. 400 bc

Old 12-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #12
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2370 Times on 1281 Posts
Likes Given: 679

I also use night lights in the house but mine are also emergency lights. If someone should kill the power they light up and will stay lit for 8 or more hours if needed. I highly recommend them. I did not buy them here but here is a link.
http://www.cs-power.com/litesaver-ls1000.html

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.