Great rail option
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Great rail option

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2014, 12:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Great rail option

I purchased the Recover Tactical rail adapter for my A1 and gotta say its well made and functions great, hopefully companies start making holsters to fit it. I have a leather holster that a Kimber TLE RL fit but the A1 w the adapter doesn't(but it wasn't made for a railed gun)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-27-2014, 12:05 AM   #2

Here's a pic of it installed.
File Type: jpg 1403827510706.jpg (31.4 KB, 95 views)

Old 06-27-2014, 04:16 AM   #3

Liked 120 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Just never been a fan of hanging shi ........ er I mean stuff off of a handgun. I think rails are generally just evil

Also have my doubts about taking a all metal gun and covering it in plastic.

Sorry just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions

Last edited by oO_Rogue_Oo; 06-27-2014 at 10:58 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-27-2014, 07:58 AM   #4

I kinda felt the same about putting plastic on a 1911 but the fact that I can completely remove it in less then 2 min sold me. I like a rail gun for my night stand gun, I have a 180L rail light and a 200L hand light so I know exactly where my bullets are going inside the house(and if needed). None of my carry 1911's have a rail, the adapter allows me to switch from home defense to carry easily.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:28 AM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22240 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazvet View Post
I kinda felt the same about putting plastic on a 1911 but the fact that I can completely remove it in less then 2 min sold me. I like a rail gun for my night stand gun, I have a 180L rail light and a 200L hand light so I know exactly where my bullets are going inside the house(and if needed). None of my carry 1911's have a rail, the adapter allows me to switch from home defense to carry easily.
nothing personal and no offence or disrespect, but many of the people into 1911's are usually older and prefer them a bit more classic.

for many of us, guns are about personal preferences and individual tastes and needs. if the rail suits your needs and you like it, that is all that is important. personally, i'd never put one on a 1911 of mine, but stilll looks like a great idea though.

thanks for sharing, since someone else may share the same tastes and is looking for an option to mount a light on their 1911.
limbkiller Likes This 
Old 06-27-2014, 07:31 PM   #6

I'm creeping up to the older view point, I prefer to carry a 1911 loaded w .45 and I also prefer a 1911 without a rail for looks. But that's the best part of the adapter I have it installed on a gun I don't carry, I'm not worried about looks in the middle of the night and I hear strange noises, I wanna grab my gun and find out what's going on. At that point the only one who will see the ugly plastic is a bad guy(or maybe just one of the kids) and before I choose to pull the trigger having a rail mounted light is a must for me, sure I keep a hand light but maybe I couldn't grab it quickly enough, could have dropped it. Anyway the moral of the story is I see having a rail a must for home defense and w this adapter I get to use my favorite type of gun(1911 of course) and I don't have to buy a rail gun, its the lesser of the two evils.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-27-2014, 11:09 PM   #7

Liked 120 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
I'm creeping up to the older view point, I prefer to carry a 1911 loaded w .45 and I also prefer a 1911 without a rail for looks. But that's the best part of the adapter I have it installed on a gun I don't carry, I'm not worried about looks in the middle of the night and I hear strange noises, I wanna grab my gun and find out what's going on. At that point the only one who will see the ugly plastic is a bad guy(or maybe just one of the kids) and before I choose to pull the trigger having a rail mounted light is a must for me, sure I keep a hand light but maybe I couldn't grab it quickly enough, could have dropped it. Anyway the moral of the story is I see having a rail a must for home defense and w this adapter I get to use my favorite type of gun(1911 of course) and I don't have to buy a rail gun, its the lesser of the two evils.
Quote:
I purchased the Recover Tactical rail adapter for my A1 and gotta say its well made and functions great, hopefully companies start making holsters to fit it. I have a leather holster that a Kimber TLE RL fit but the A1 w the adapter doesn't(but it wasn't made for a railed gun)

I AM one of those older types LOL
No part of my home is ever dark enough that I couldn't identify what I'm shooting at should the need ever arise (benefit of a few well placed nightlights). I also feel like a gun mounted light is a really good target and gives the other guy the probability of getting off the first aimed shot; but hey that's just me. Your mileage may vary.

I am a little confused about the above statements in bold though ???

Old 06-28-2014, 12:35 AM   #8

The holster was a for a normal 1911 but the rail gun I traded off fit however the plastic clad gun doesn't, SO my assumption is the extra width would keep it from fitting most holsters for a railed gun?? In all honesty I have no ideal, I just hate how some great ideals get pushed to the side when there's no aftermarket support.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:08 PM   #9

Liked 126 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Here's my "blacked out" Para USA Expert with the Recover grip system. I like it.

[IMG][/IMG]

As for me I'm not ready to be considered old, I am always open to new ideas trying something different.

Oh yea, I'm 57.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:44 PM   #10

I just wonder about those flashlights. They bore such a small hole through a darkened house, I just wonder what You would actually see. I mean, a 1" circle on a sweatshirt would look the same as, perhaps Your Son's sweatshirt. It would be OK if You got Your whole family into Your bedroom, and then shone it on the door. Other than that I would worry about friendly fire. If You live alone, or a couple, it could work.
That really looks like a blocky grip. How comfortable is it?