Grease - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Grease

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 237 Times on 153 Posts

DuPont multipurpose dry lube with Teflon. I use it for most lubricating needs. And, I run a lightly coated patch of it through the barrel after cleaning.

It is sold as a chain lubricant. But it is a highly tenacious lubricant with good sheer, and adhesion, which once it dries isn't susceptible to temperature change. I go out and shoot in sub zero temps, so I tend to avoid oils, and greases as the viscosity goes up when they get cold.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #12

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
After I clean, I drench everything in this spray on penetrating oil I got at work. I used to use gear oil, but the spray is so much more convenient.

After doing that, I wipe off the excess. Then I spray a red penetrating grease on the rails, another product given to me at work. Then I wipe off the excess there.

I clean usually with hot soapy water.
In my experience the spray on red grease was a dirt magnet, I did fleet maintenance on city busses and my boss wanted us to use that stuff everywhere(batteries included:/ by the time I left they had quit ordering it. Of course comparing a bus to a firearm is "apple ta oranges" guess as long as u keep it away from dust and such it will work well.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #13

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock23taBG380ta View Post

In my experience the spray on red grease was a dirt magnet, I did fleet maintenance on city busses and my boss wanted us to use that stuff everywhere(batteries included:/ by the time I left they had quit ordering it. Of course comparing a bus to a firearm is "apple ta oranges" guess as long as u keep it away from dust and such it will work well.
Yeah, it is apples and oranges. Those buses don't get the regular scrubbing my gun does. It gets a good wiping once a week, and a good scrub once a month even when I haven't shot it.