Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Girsan MC1911S thoughts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/girsan-mc1911s-thoughts-87162/)

Kryptoglow 03-22-2013 02:45 PM

Girsan MC1911S thoughts
 
I just got this model and am impressed with the gun minus the grip screws and sights trouble.

I took it to a FFL friend the other day and he immediately bad mouthed the gun for being from Turkey. He challenged me to a shoot out betting his Kimber against my Girsan. I told him I wouldn't put mine up against his junk:) Of course Kimbers are not junk but I felt he deserved it. He quickly went out back and shot 5 shots at a 3" target with his kimber and hit it once at 30yds. I offered him mine to try and he smirked then quickly fired 2 rds hitting the target both times :) Needless to say he's been grumpy since the other day.

new_girsan_1911 03-23-2013 12:23 AM

Lmao yeah like the saying goes "dont knock it til you have tried it" Its a good gun aside from the obvious faults you and most of us that have them have found out by trying to modify them.

canebrake 03-24-2013 04:58 AM

So what's the point? I'd buy a Girsan before I'd own a Kimber.....hell, for the money I could buy two or three Girsan's.

Rub that in his face. http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...ons/cowboy.gif

new_girsan_1911 03-24-2013 01:30 PM

Cane bout time you pipe up and say something seems like you havent said anything in a few weeks. :D

rjgnwdc 03-24-2013 01:46 PM

Buds has a video they love'm... of course they sell'm too:D Heres a link, go to the bottom of the link page watch video.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411552652

new_girsan_1911 03-24-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjgnwdc (Post 1188427)
Buds has a video they love'm... of course they sell'm too:D Heres a link, go to the bottom of the link page watch video.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411552652

Hey its cool, i am sure all of us so far on this thread above you have seen this video, since we all own a Girsan but thanks buddy.

rjgnwdc 03-24-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by new_girsan_1911 (Post 1188442)
Hey its cool, i am sure all of us so far on this thread above you have seen this video, since we all own a Girsan but thanks buddy.

No thanks necessary:D

Kryptoglow 03-25-2013 01:13 PM

I think I'll do a video of me replacing the bushings. The head on the girsan screws is too big for standard grips as most of you know. The threads are M3 on the girsan
I ordered the standard .236 x 60 tap from midway and some standard bushings and screws from another source.
Either I'll fix it or ruin it. While I'm waiting for the bushings... I'll have to find out which bit to use before the tap. I think midway said 7/32" was needed but I need to verify that. I'll update either with video or pics.

new_girsan_1911 04-02-2013 12:13 AM

Ok got a question for yall, I am fixin to have my slide on my Girsan milled to Novak specs and wanted to know what would be the best way to treat the milled surface back towards the hammer that is going to be covered by the rear sight? I dont want this area to rust on me.

Axxe55 04-02-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by new_girsan_1911 (Post 1199823)
Ok got a question for yall, I am fixin to have my slide on my Girsan milled to Novak specs and wanted to know what would be the best way to treat the milled surface back towards the hammer that is going to be covered by the rear sight? I dont want this area to rust on me.

what type of finish and metal is the slide? mostly that area will be covered by the sight, but you are right about wanting to treat it in some way to prevent rust.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:52 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.