Girsan? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Girsan?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2294 Times on 1347 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
That's Canebrake, Crotalus horridus or Timber rattlesnake to you sir!
I've got a nice skin form one of those, that may become a backing on my longbow.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #32

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake

That's Canebrake, Crotalus horridus or Timber rattlesnake to you sir!
BrokeCane mountain?

:-O

Old 11-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc

I've got a nice skin form one of those, that may become a backing on my longbow.
Long bow? Yowza. True old school. I shot compound for years, competed regionally, was okay... Always loved the look of long bows, never saw the value in them in modern day, other than a nostalgia that I couldn't appreciate.

Archery is a world of gentlemen, mostly anyway. Met some really neeto and inventive characters for sure. Target archery must truly be the definition of the sport of fat men. Don't take much to just stand there, draw a string back with a 60% letoff at the end, aim and release. Heck, the fatter the better, so you can arch your back to stand up straight as possible and still have a solid center of balance.

Shoot, then BBQ fatty ribs and drink beer and let the children run wild with the dogs. It was a very community oriented sport, I do miss it at times. Unfortunately too much politics gets into anything and club presidents start imbezelling or stealing funds and work parties become something only the old timers who shouldn't be risking their bad backs to do show up to. I left the scene quicklike.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #34

Liked 2294 Times on 1347 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Got into primative archery a few years back. It is refreshing to ditch the training wheels sometimes and take a peice of wood that you made into a more useful tool and head into the woods even if it only nets you some small game for meat.

The Snake skin backing would give it a bit of camoflage

Old 11-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc
Got into primative archery a few years back. It is refreshing to ditch the training wheels sometimes and take a peice of wood that you made into a more useful tool and head into the woods even if it only nets you some small game for meat.
Very cool!!!!