GI Joe: Retaliation & General Patton & M1911 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum >

GI Joe: Retaliation & General Patton & M1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 65 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloves View Post
As much as I like the 1911, Bruce Willis shod have used the 6-guns.
Or just used the 1911 and not had the lib-tard, Hollywood buffoonery side story about Patton having given it to him.....
I honestly was not very impressed with the movie myself. I have a standing rule to try and avoid any movie with "The Rock" in it.
He is a joke of an actor and should have kept his day job as a wrastler IMO - but whatever. I got dragged to this one because my kids were begging to see it.

I liked the 1st GI Joe movie better and hated that they killed off the Duke character....
But anyway, I like Bruce Willis though and really want to see RED 2 (the 1st RED was a very good movie).

Old 04-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex

Every time their aimed a Glock at something they added a sound like a safety being flipped off, drove me crazy.
Ok now I understand it was a hollywood "thing".

Old 04-14-2013, 07:21 AM   #13

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartwatkins

Or just used the 1911 and not had the lib-tard, Hollywood buffoonery side story about Patton having given it to him.....
I honestly was not very impressed with the movie myself. I have a standing rule to try and avoid any movie with "The Rock" in it.
He is a joke of an actor and should have kept his day job as a wrastler IMO - but whatever. I got dragged to this one because my kids were begging to see it.

I liked the 1st GI Joe movie better and hated that they killed off the Duke character....
But anyway, I like Bruce Willis though and really want to see RED 2 (the 1st RED was a very good movie).
I agree with your view on movies with Dwayne "the rock" Johnson. I cannot believe he gets paid for acting!

Old 04-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #14

Liked 1728 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988 View Post
Both of which are here in Ky, at the Patton museum. It's a sight to see. My grandfather served under Patton in WWII, I use any excuse i can to go to the museum.
If you like that museum, you need to take a trip over to Ft. Benning to the National infantry museum. If you are interested in war planes, the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola is nothing short of outstanding.

The Pensacola museum had tour-guides that were WWII aviators, but every time I go, there are less of them......

I had a school teacher that was an enlisted tanker in Patton's army and was at the Battle of the Bulge. He was not fond of Patton at all. His reaction to "Old Blood and Guts" was; "yep, his guts and our blood.

Patton was personally responsible for American tankers going to battle in a main battle tank that was a death-trap. The Sherman was under-gunned, under armored, and had an obsolete track system. The only thing it had going for it was that it was fast and had a powered turret.

The American tankers paid for his error with their blood and guts. When he finally saw the light and pushed for a tank that could actually compete with the Panthers and Tigers, the war was nearly over. The Pershing tank was superior to the Panzers, but was held back by Patton, against the judgement of all of the other tank warriors.

In the movie, Kelly's Heroes, Oddball made the comment that "the only way he could keep a Tiger busy was by letting it shoot holes in me" was not off the mark.

Carl Sagan

Last edited by Chainfire; 04-14-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:56 AM   #15

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartwatkins

I agree with you on the killing of Duke so fast. I grew up a major GI Joe fan and Duke didn't get killed of until the last episode when Serpentor threw is snake spear into Duke's heart. I understand that Hollywood does their own twist on things but killing off the main character so quickly will turn a lot of the original fans away. Retaliation was supposed to have been released about a year ago but when they previewed the movie before release folks told them that it was bad that they killed off Duke. The rumor was that they were going to redo the film and NOT kill off Duke. Needless to say I was surprised when I went to see it. My wife was pissed too but not because they killed Duke but because she thinks Channing Tatum is the best looking guy in Hollywood...

Old 04-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #16

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

According to what I've read on General Patton, he had many more handguns than the two revolvers he sometimes wore. I'm sure he had at least one 1911a1, and a Colt model 1908 and Remington mod. 51, .380 as back-up guns, or while in dress uniform.

I usually don't rely on Hollywood, Bruce Willis notwithstanding, for accuracy.
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved