Fusion Firearms
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Fusion Firearms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Default Fusion Firearms

The trigger group I ordered from Fusion came in yesterday and it contained the wrong trigger. None of the orders I've made with them ever went ultra-smooth but they do make good stuff. The response I got from this latest transaction, from the owner, is the straw that broke the camels back.

Yup, it's only a $30 trigger but the point is you just don't tell a customer to go pound sand. I've posted this on every national gun forum where I'm a member and if I ever see a thread saying something good about them - I'll post a link here.

This is the actual email exchange I had with Bob Serva, the owner of the company:

Quote:
Bob,

Based on this response, I'll never need any more help - thanks anyway.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 07:45:24 -0400
To: dave
Subject: Re: Order #

Hi Dave.
Sorry about that..
Let me know if you need any further help,

Thank you,

Bob

Fusion

----- Original Message -----
To: "Robert Serva" <rserva@>
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 7:09 AM

Bob,

Take this for what it's worth but you have just lost a customer. I know I haven't bought a $2K custom gun from you but in my eyes every customer should be important. I'll explain why I've given up on Fusion.

My first order from you was about a year or so ago, I ordered a MSH kit which included the housing and all the internals - the plunger, cap, retaining pin & spring. The housing arrived bare and I had to send an email explaining this. The missing parts were received a few days later so it ended OK I guess.

My next order, about 2 weeks ago, was for 3 black 1911 triggers. I paid for fast shipping on this order as I had 2 guns I need to get ready for a shoot. When nothing arrived in 5 business days, I emailed, and you answered that you had run out and were making more. They did arrive after a few more days but I had wasted the extra money I paid for fast shipping.

My latest order is this one and I was sent the wrong trigger in the kit. Your response to mail back the wrong one (on my dime) and wait for the correct one just doesn't sit well with me. I paid for fast shipping on this order also as I'm trying to get this gun ready for a match Saturday (tomorrow).

So far 3 orders and all have had issues. At this point, I'm just going to fit the "wrong" trigger and consider that I've learned a lesson...

Dave

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 21:20:15 -0400
To: dave

Hi Dave,
Just send that one back and we will send you a black one.
Let me know if you need any further help,

Thank you,

Bob

Fusion

----- Original Message -----
To: "Robert Serva" <rserva@>
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 6:13 PM
Subject: Order #

Bob,

One problem with this order that arrived today. The website shows a black carbon fiber trigger and I received a shiny aluminum trigger. This is going in a black gun and I selected this kit for the black trigger. What now?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-03-2009, 11:34 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Wow!!

That is just plain piss poor customer service that is an indication of an industry with too many small places trying to be the next BIG place.

Every company has issues. Every company makes a mistake. Every company sends something out the door that is incorrect at some point.

NOT responding, in a pro-active way, when your customer contacts you concerning a shipment is unexcusable.

You deserve the feeling of pissed you are expressing. I, too, would be furious given the run down of what has gone wrong in your dealings and this owner's flippant response to a serious inquiry.

Fusion Firearms won't be getting any of my business either.

JD

Old 09-04-2009, 12:04 AM   #3

Whenever I'm asked for advice on where to get 1911 parts - you can bet what company I won't recommend...

Last edited by NGIB; 09-04-2009 at 12:36 AM.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:07 AM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Don't make it personal on this forum please.

Just the facts.

JD

Old 02-09-2011, 01:00 PM   #5

Default Serva NOT Service

Fusion Firearms should be called CON-Fusion. Serva is all peaches & cream 'til he gets your money. Also ends every email with some B.S. like let me know if I can be of further help. Further help implies some help to begin with...there is none.

Purchased a new 10mm 1911; arrives with horrible finish & I have to send it back on my dime. Am told it will take 3 weeks or so. Sent it back late Nov/early December. It is now February...and I still have nothing but indifference from Serva. Strikes me as a spoiled ex - Exec who knows nothing about customer service

Old 02-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #6

Wow, brought back from the dead. As an update, I have bought a LOT of 1911 stuff since I posted this - and NONE of it has been from Fusion...

Old 02-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Wow, brought back from the dead. As an update, I have bought a LOT of 1911 stuff since I posted this - and NONE of it has been from Fusion...
There have been quite a few similar experiences from Fusion customers, some of the things I've read are almost unbelievable. I'd never consider doing business with them.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #8

Liked 2492 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1943

I get angry just reading about this.

When you spend hard-earned money and some company treats you

like dirt, it's bad enough.

They could either list back-ordered parts, or immediately notify you at point of

purchase. Allowing you to waste cash to expedite shipping on a back-order

is IMO, not only AVOIDABLE, but UNFORGIVABLE.

But to mis-represent parts type or appearance?

I don't know about anyone else, but my preference is to monochromatic

gun-styles. Lately manufacturers have been playing the "Kimber game" of

accentuating special parts with different finishes. I know this is a pet peeve,

because if I want to mix gun finishes, I'm sure I could all figure it all out

without professional assistance.

IMO, these guys should have sent you a refund, a written apology, and the

proper colored triggers, free. But it certainly looks like these guys could care

less about taking care of their customers, to this casual observer.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:47 AM   #9

Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts

Ehhh, what can I say. I did spend the big bucks for that custom built Fusion Firearms 10mm long slide. I love the way it looks, I love the way it works. I mean they even sent me 3 different strength recoil springs to fine tune the thing without me asking.

I like them...

Old 10-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #10
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2869 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

There could be a big difference from when this thread was started (2009) to when you purchased your Fusion.

Maybe a new thread?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)