Which Frame
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Which Frame

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Which Frame

I am finishing an AK 47 build and would like to build a pistol. I collect WW11 rifles but really have not done much in regards to pistols. Anyhoo I want to custom build a 1911 but have not decided which Manufacturer. Being a Newbie dont taunt me too bad about my well thought out questions.
If I buy a Caspian or Fusion frame can I buy Colt or Springfield parts to build off these frames. Also lets say I buy a Colt slide can I buy a Springfield trigger mechanism? I am not going for tactical as much as a WOW factor. I am pretty fortunate since I was 12 years old i can pick up any Rifle or pistol and pretty much hit anything dead on. Not bragging but I firmly believe some people are just born with certain talents like a Baseball player or Artist. Since I was asking such newbie questions I had to embelish some. By the way the Romanain Build was harder than I thought it would be but learned a lot and did it as a Dad Son project. Probably could have have bought 2 new ones after all the neat tools I bought. You should have seen my wife's face when the 12 ton press came in. Anyhoo any and all comments would help since my son is chomping at the bit to get started.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2799 Times on 1618 Posts
Likes Given: 1218

My experience with the Fusion frame has been good.
I use Ed Brown parts and the only problem I've encountered is the grip safety engagement.

Most Caspian frames are to spec and parts interchange. The hassle comes in the little things with Colt parts. Although a Series 80 slide will work on an earlier series styled frame, there is the hole left by the removal of the firing pin plunger.

Peruse what Brownells Search : Search Results for "1911 frame" - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools - BROWNELLS has.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)