Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Found out my Grandpa had a Norwegian Colt M/1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Found out my Grandpa had a Norwegian Colt M/1911

Yesterday i joined this site and was looking at buying my first handgun and asked some advice, afterward i went to my grandpa's house and was talking to him about handguns and he decided to show me some of his guns. We walked to his gun safe and he showed me some of them and they all made me drool then he pulled out a old Colt. Then explained what it was to me i should of took a picture but i found one on the internet.

but there was something else about it he pointed out, if you notice each part has a Number on it after a quick inspection of it after he bought it from a Pawn shop 10 years ago he found out it was also a Match weapon every part on it read the last 3 numbers 857.

Just wanted to share the Awesomeness with you all.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7585 Times on 3302 Posts
Likes Given: 1123

Not quite a 1911- VERY minor differences. Yes, the Norwegians had serial number on every part big enough to number. Notice that the slide release also has a different shape. Those were very nice pistols. See link: Kongsberg Colt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing that with us. I think I'd better start spending some time in pawnshops.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-03-2011, 08:33 PM   #4

This is the first time I noticed the dog leg in the slide stop. Guss I am not as observant as I should be.