First 1911
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > First 1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 02:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 99 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Default First 1911

I went and payed for my first 1911 today, never really cared much for them but saw one that caught my eye so i picked it up (kinda). I dont know if it was the fact that every one in the gun store was twice my age but i got the feeling they were not happy to sell me the gun as they were giving me hoops to jump though that was VERY uncalled for as i have bought lots of guns from almost all the local gun stores around my house and have never had a problem with getting one, iv showed my military id, a bill, and a copy of my orders to the base I'm stationed and my CC permit. To them that wasn't enough so i have to get a few more id's before they will sell it to me. I had my wife try to buy it and they flat out told her they wont sell it, or any other gun to her before they even asked for ID or anything. So aside from the worst service i have ever seen, they are the only gun shop in the area with that gun. I am getting the Springfield Champion 1911 and was wondering if any of you who have owned or shot them can tell me, A- if its worth the hassel and B how they are in terms of reliability, accuracy and any other points you'd like to make on them. The thing i like most about it is the fact that it's small enough to fit my hand and carry without a lump on my side. If i do manage to pick it up i will shoot it and post something in the range report section, thx

Last edited by deathkricket; 01-28-2010 at 03:03 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-28-2010, 02:59 AM   #2

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

I'll be honest, I'd have ordered it off line before I dealt with such an unworthy place, especially towards a military member. Congrats on the new piece though

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 01-28-2010, 03:11 AM   #3

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHawk View Post
I'll be honest, I'd have ordered it off line before I dealt with such an unworthy place, especially towards a military member. Congrats on the new piece though
A big +1, if they are treating Military or cops that way then they don't need to be in business anymore. I would try to find it on line or have another gun shop order it. Then I would make sure they never had the business of me, my family or anyone else who would listen.

Thanks for the service.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 01-28-2010, 05:01 AM   #4

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

This much hassle before you buy, WALK!

Springfield Champion 1911 - Google Product Search

Shop here, all they want is your cash!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-28-2010, 05:30 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Thanks for your service. Tell them to go screw.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-28-2010, 06:23 AM   #6

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I'd tell 'em to kiss the fattest part of my ass as I walked out of their douche bag vending location.

Although its a good thing they wouldn't sell your wife the gun. You two would have been violating federal law. I almost got two Army boys arrested for attempting a straw purchase in front of me at a gunshow. One was delayed, so he tried to get his buddy to buy it for him. We refused sale to both, and advised them to leave the show.

Anywho, F the jaggoffs and find another gunstore.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-28-2010, 06:41 AM   #7

My second shotgun i bought was a moss 590,me and my wife were in the store looking at it and decided to get it, when i was filling out the paper work i relized i had forgotten my orders at home so the sale's men let her buy it. It was probably the fact the he already knew me as i buy most of my ammo and guns from him. I wasn't attempting to straw buy, or anything of a illegal purchase, i had mentioned it to my wife when i got home she can go buy it as a present and she did go later in the day,(My bad, i didn't word the right) but was told they would not sell her a gun.
I understand if you can't purchase a fire arm it is illegal to have someone go and obtain it for you,( its on the papers when you buy a gun)
Any way i already realize it's a crappy store and it will be my last time there, i wanted to know from the community the high and low points of the hand gun in question

Last edited by deathkricket; 01-28-2010 at 06:48 AM.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:49 AM   #8

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

You- " i relized i had forgotten my orders at home so the sale's men let her buy it for me"

Even if your intentions weren't criminal, you still broke the law.

BUT, intentions can get you the Nobel prize...........

As for the springfield-

My first 1911 was a Springer, and I loathed it.

I've owned 2 kimbers since, and they are much better than the Springer ever was. But, I know the TRP is a better gun than any Kimber Ill ever own. The same way that a Les Baer is a better gun than any TRP......
Now, I'm not familiar with the Champion, what's the price?

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-28-2010, 06:51 AM   #9

Brand new it's $530. I have looked it over and it seems like a nice solid piece.

http://www.gunshopfinder.com/springfield/PW9142L.jpg

Last edited by deathkricket; 01-28-2010 at 03:31 PM.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:31 AM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I wouldn't buy from them after being treated that way. I purposely avoid a particular shop in my area after a couple incidences.