Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Fire pin stop modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
VR4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Fire pin stop modification.

So I've been reading a lot about this fire pin modification The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site - Amazing reduction in perceived recoil with a simple part change - EGW firing pin stop and how it will help with tracking and side to side movement along with reducing muzzle flip.

I ordered a EGW 70 series SS oversized fire pin stop to see for myself and have to say that it was well worth it.

I got mine yesterday and installed it in my SA Trophy Match. I just got back from the range. I was amazed at the difference on accuracy and muzzle flip.

The install was easy you just have to take it "SLOW". I used my old fire pin stop as a guide. This was my first time doing this.

Thought I would share this info for people that have never heard of this modification.

MY IDPA/USPSA VIDEO'S

http://www.youtube.com/user/VR4154#p/u

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-14-2010, 10:13 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR4 View Post
So I've been reading a lot about this fire pin modification The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site - Amazing reduction in perceived recoil with a simple part change - EGW firing pin stop and how it will help with tracking and side to side movement along with reducing muzzle flip.

I ordered a EGW 70 series SS oversized fire pin stop to see for myself and have to say that it was well worth it.

I got mine yesterday and installed it in my SA Trophy Match. I just got back from the range. I was amazed at the difference on accuracy and muzzle flip.

The install was easy you just have to take it "SLOW". I used my old fire pin stop as a guide. This was my first time doing this.

Thought I would share this info for people that have never heard of this modification.
I'm using the EGW stop on one build and a Wilson Combat on another. The "bullet proof" (I believe that's the modifier) Wilson FPS is also flat, and requires a little less fitting. The stainless version of the Wilson I received has a very small radius on it. Come to think of it, I'll have to get out my radius gauges to see if I can measure it.

Note that the small radius FPS is to be used with a 23 lb mainspring ("hammer spring") and 15 or 16 pound recoil spring.

Regards,

Walt

Author, The NEW! AR-15 Complete Owner's Guide,
The M1911 Complete Owner's and Assembly Guides,
The M14
and M1 Garand Complete Assembly Guides
Certified Glock Armorer