Finally shot the Kimber

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Finally shot the Kimber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 06:43 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Finally shot the Kimber

So I found a range not too far away and decided I would give the Kimber a try before making up my mind. I put 100 rounds thru it, not a single problem. I did discover that it didn't like the 200 gr loads I made up for my XD but that's fine, I didn't really expect it to.
My first impression of the weapon is that it is a quality firearm(rust issue aside, see my other thread) that is accurate and easy to shoot. I had no problems keeping 2" groups at 12 yards. I found the trigger to break nicely with a light pull. The reset was quick and noticable, I never once questioned if the trigger was ready for the next shot. Pointability was good, although I didn't find myself hitting slightly low at first. After a short time of of making sure my front sight was high enough, this went away.
Coming from an XD45 I found myself always surprised when the slide locked back. Going from 13+1 to 7+1 is an adjustment.
I'm not 100% sold on 1911s at this point. Right now I believe I could shoot my XD better then this Kimber but I have much more time behind the XD so I should be able to. I might shoot it some more and see how it goes but as of now, the XD is still my go to weapon.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-11-2009, 06:51 PM   #2

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

The real difference will hit you when you've been shooting the 1911 exclusively for a while and then go to something else. Trust me, a 1911 tends to spoil you on other guns. I have a pair of XDs myself but my goto gun is always a 1911...

Old 09-11-2009, 10:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
The real difference will hit you when you've been shooting the 1911 exclusively for a while and then go to something else. Trust me, a 1911 tends to spoil you on other guns. I have a pair of XDs myself but my goto gun is always a 1911...
100% in agreement with you..........