Finally here are the pictures! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Finally here are the pictures!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 02:31 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Chad,
Great gun & great pics too!!
You may have brought this up in a previous thread (can't remember, my memory's going) but I notice that you have the NM serialed # SA Loaded! Nice find. Those are hard to come by around these parts. Mine is an N serial # (assembled in Brazil) & came with a parked barrel bushing that is not quite as tightly fit as your SS one.

Anyway, awesome pics - hope you enjoy it

Bart

Old 08-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #22

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTchad View Post
I know bro ^^ turns out that I need to give back the 22 Kimber conversion. He said his buyer contacted him in thailand to take it. So no Kimber parts lol, I even told him I
Shot it
You will look back on this as an omen. As a retired engineer, I am a believer in system engineered products. (What does that mean?) It means every part of an assembly was engineered to work together, was produced together, tested as a complete working assembly and backed by the OEM.

A conversion kit is designed in theory only and the customer is required to complete the assembly, test and troubleshoot it until it is running. Does the customer have the resources, knowledge and skilzz to pull off what the OEM does as a business? Simple answer, NO!

If the customer does get the conversion running they claim they like the idea of using their personal defense gun with cheaper ammo for practice. WRONG for so many reasons! Its a 22lr for chr!st sake, not 45 ACP personal defense muscle memory development. I call BS on anyone that claims training using their carry gun with a conversion is beneficial for anything but fun. My personal defense guns are NEVER changed from the condition I determined to be trustworthy to bet my life on.

My carry gun must be 100% dependable. If I make a simple change like a recoil spring, it goes to the range and I run two boxes of ammo with zero issues before it goes back in service as my carry. It remains the designated carry until the next change.

I will not shoot dirty rimfire ammo in my carry gun. My life depends on it!

I am a believer in dedicated rimfire guns. Your Kimber conversion was $350. My GSG 1911-22 cost me $286. That my friend is a no-brainer!

GSG 1911 22LR $332.00 SHIPS FREE

My GSG:

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-21-2011, 03:33 PM   #23

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
If the customer does get the conversion running they claim they like the idea of using their personal defense gun with cheaper ammo for practice. WRONG for so many reasons! Its a 22lr for chr!st sake, not 45 ACP personal defense muscle memory development. I call BS on anyone that claims training using their carry gun with a conversion is beneficial for anything but fun. My personal defense guns are NEVER changed from the condition I determined to be trustworthy to bet my life on.
And I respectfully disagree with you. I have a Kimber conversion that I routinely use with both my Wilson Combat CQB and my Kimber Custom to no ill effect. Both guns get routinely cleaned and function tested as soon as I return from the range and I've never had a problem.

A .22 upper not only helps in my training but it also helps when I train others and I can teach them drills etc using relatively cheap .22 ammo (it's not the cheap bulk stuff, I don't buy that junk anymore for use in pistols) until they get it right and then we move up to 9mm, .40S&W and .45. It has been a very effective tool in both my training and others.

And as a final point the relative difference in recoil once you are a seasoned shooter in not a big factor on how you shoot a gun. Shooting enough to get the fundamentals right certainly is.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:48 PM   #24

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I'm staying out of the line of fire on this one, but I would rather have a 1911 or other semi auto specifically designated for 22lr. I love my guns but I'm not a fan of caliber conversions, I'd rather just get a new weapon.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznZOhAn View Post
I'm staying out of the line of fire on this one, but I would rather have a 1911 or other semi auto specifically designated for 22lr. I love my guns but I'm not a fan of caliber conversions, I'd rather just get a new weapon.
No line of fire. Adults can have civilized disagreements and still respect each others opinion. Some see it one way others do not. It's all good.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:40 PM   #26

I'm butting out on this too, I'm scared when you veteran well aged folks go at it. Azn, we will watch from a distance LOL

Old 08-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTchad View Post
I'm butting out on this too, I'm scared when you veteran well aged folks go at it. Azn, we will watch from a distance LOL
lol... I don't think either one of us is silly enough to try to convince the other of their position. Folks just post dissenting opinions so others will have a range of info to make up their own minds on the subject.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #28

Yea sir! But what is a forum without opinion and arguement and d bags, gives us a reason to correct and share our opinions hehehehe. How old is ur daughter again? I remember u shown me pictures and teaching me to hold it correctly, I shoot with both hands wrapped around now very well, found my comfort zone.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #29

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambli

No line of fire. Adults can have civilized disagreements and still respect each others opinion. Some see it one way others do not. It's all good.
But I've had conversations with adults and they get stupid and frag me along with them and start an argument and then we are talking trash. I got kicked off for a week for it, and I even tried to be civilized about it and tried respecting the guy. But he pushed my buttons and I got very rude and disrespectful, I went from 35 to 16 real fast. So I have learned my lesson and keep my mouth shut and be respectful. If some turd get dumb, I just let him or her be dumb on their own.

I'm open minded but I do have hot temper. I can take criticism good or bad, but some people need to learn how talk to others. I felt like I was arguing with a drunk has been, instead of an adult.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznZOhAn View Post
But I've had conversations with adults and they get stupid and frag me along with them and start an argument and then we are talking trash. I got kicked off for a week for it, and I even tried to be civilized about it and tried respecting the guy. But he pushed my buttons and I got very rude and disrespectful, I went from 35 to 16 real fast. So I have learned my lesson and keep my mouth shut and be respectful. If some turd get dumb, I just let him or her be dumb on their own.

I'm open minded but I do have hot temper. I can take criticism good or bad, but some people need to learn how talk to others. I felt like I was arguing with a drunk has been, instead of an adult.
I understand and when I was younger I tended to have a little bit of a hot head too (I'm not THAT old though...lol). I just discovered in time that no one can MAKE me mad. That is a self inpossed state of mind. I also found out that other folks opinions fall into two cathegories.

The first are opinions form folks I respect who know a subject as well or better than I do. When I hear those I try to learn something or at least understand where they are coming form.

Others are from folks that I care nothing about. I listen with casual interest because even a blind squirrel stumbles on a nut every once in a while but if I find them to be trash then I move on. I don't have enough time for stupid, that is a also a self impossed state of mind...