EMP or Aegis?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > EMP or Aegis?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 05:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default EMP or Aegis?

Between the Springfield Armory EMP 9mm and the Kimber Aegis II 9mm, which do you folks prefer and why? The price and features are pretty much the same (The Springfield carries 1 more round and has an ambi safety, neither of which is strictly necessary for me), and both are, as far as I can tell, 1911's designed around the 9mm rather than adapted.

And yes, I'm very sorry about the round, but learning to shoot .45 would cost me the amount of the gun all over again, and I'm a starving college student. My first Christmas bonus when I get a job is going straight into a real 1911, I promise. =P

Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-26-2010, 05:51 AM   #2

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Para Ordinance Warthog
Para Ordnance Warthog Pistol 45 ACP

Kimber Aegis II Ultra $1100 8+1 9mm
Springfield EMP $1200 9+1 9mm

Para Ordinance Warthog $800 10+1 45acp

cheaper, more rounds, and its a 45

para_warthog.jpg  

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 10-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bluesky View Post
Between the Springfield Armory EMP 9mm and the Kimber Aegis II 9mm, which do you folks prefer and why? The price and features are pretty much the same (The Springfield carries 1 more round and has an ambi safety, neither of which is strictly necessary for me), and both are, as far as I can tell, 1911's designed around the 9mm rather than adapted.

And yes, I'm very sorry about the round, but learning to shoot .45 would cost me the amount of the gun all over again, and I'm a starving college student. My first Christmas bonus when I get a job is going straight into a real 1911, I promise. =P
I'd probably pick the springfield over the two. I just like the emp's better.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:55 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Springfield

[]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
"----)_'_\--(
"--------\--\
"---------\_/

Old 10-27-2010, 02:50 AM   #5

Likes Given: 25

I'd go for the EMP.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:57 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I've never had any Kimbers, but I had two Springers, a Mil Spec and a 9mm EMP. I liked the EMP a bunch and it was a handsome pistol as well.

The only thing I didn't care for was having to use the clippy thing on the recoil spring to field strip the pistol.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-27-2010, 06:40 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

for a starving college student that is a lot of dough to drop for a kimber or springfield. get the Para! I have owned a Para 14-45 for over 8 years and absolutely love the thing. they shoot like a dream!

Old 10-27-2010, 06:52 AM   #8

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

In my opinion the Springfield is the better built weapon between the twp thew OP listed. Though the Para is a very nice weapon as well I'm not sure it's better than the Springer. But it is a a 45.

Sticking with the OPs choices though the decision is easy. But admittedly I am no fan of anything Kimber has made.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 10-27-2010, 09:51 AM   #9

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

Seems like a lot of money to spend on a 9mm to me. Get a quality 9mm and keep the rest of the money in a fund for a real 1911 is what I'd do. I've owned 1911s in other calibers before and they just aren't the same as a real .45 so I no longer have any. All of my .45s are 1911s and the rest of my non-.45s are mostly Sigs and I'm pretty happy with the 2 platforms.

If you must - I'd go with the EMP as I prefer Springer to Kimber...

Old 10-28-2010, 01:10 AM   #10

While I can't attest to 1911's not being as good in other calibers because I've never shot them, that seems like an awful lot to spend for a carry 9mm. If I were you, I would take a hard look at the CZ 2075 RAMI. I've never shot one, but I've held it and it feels nice in my hands, and I own the SP-01, which is a full size by CZ and it's an amazing pistol. You could get one of these, a case of ammo, a few trips to the range to familiarize yourself with it, and still be WAY under the price of either of the two mentioned.

Thats just my two cents.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"