Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Elite comat mags x 3, silver polish

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

LOL thanks cane i forgot to mention you are beast too! I can't post pics because I use my iPhone as a computer source. I will have
To look for one to post everything soon. I didn't change my grip or screws. It's regular SA cocobolo grips

Old 07-30-2011, 01:34 PM   #22

Liked 1413 Times on 807 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTchad View Post
LOL thanks cane i forgot to mention you are beast too! I can't post pics because I use my iPhone as a computer source. I will have
To look for one to post everything soon. I didn't change my grip or screws. It's regular SA cocobolo grips
Did you tighten the grip screws, snugged them up? The mag to grip screw fit is a close one. Sometimes a too-tight grip screw can interfere with mag insertion/removal. Try backing off the suspect screw 1/4 turn.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #23

Liked 1413 Times on 807 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

chad, are the mags you got the Wilson Combat ETM (Elite Tactical Magazine) mags? If so, they are stainless steel.

Do yourself a favor and call Aaron (877)837-9445 at Tripp Research.

Tripp Research Gen II Cobra Magazines

Tell him canebrake sent you and you have made a grave mistake in buying the Wilson ETMs. Buy one Gen II Cobra Mag for your 1911 and do a side by side comparison. If you don't agree that the Cobra Mag is twice the mag as the Wilson I will buy it from you including the shipping to and from you!

Yes, they are that good! And I bet you will be buying more Cobra Mags after this test!

In the photo below you will see the Wilson Combat EMT p/n 500B (Black) .45 ACP, 8 RD. ETM Tactical Magazine, Price: $36.95 (p/n 500 stainless $34.95)
sandwiched by two Tripp Research Cobra Mags p/n 8R-45-RG .45 ACP, 8 RD. Magazine, Price: $32.95 (photo shows mags with optional alloy base pad)

Notice not only the quality of the welds but the fit and finish of the final product.

Notice the fluid stampings of the Tripp mag on the left and right. The .45 case head sits square against the back wall of the Tripp mag, the Wilson is rounded and forces the round forward when it presents for stripping. AND, the Tripp mag feed lips are CNC finished.

This photo shows the slide stop interface. The Tripp mag on the bottom uses a hybrid follower with a metal interface where the Wilson on top uses a poly follower interface. The Wilson shows witness-marks where the slide stop engages the mag when empty. This mag is six month old and speaks volumes as to this critical area.

As a retired engineer, this is how my mind works while looking at new products. When a company makes guns and mags that go into them, the mag becomes an area where they can cut production costs. When the company only makes mags, their entire R&D budget is used on mags. Think about that!

If your 1911 mags have poly followers be sure to check them each time you load. Should this area wear out, your slide will not lock open when empty!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #24

Omg you are a genius. I will do what you said exactly and follow your brilliant instructions. You are now my mentor canebrake for i am a newbie.

Last edited by canebrake; 07-30-2011 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Just a tad over the top chad.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #25

I'm so excited. I am testing it out today though Woot!!! Popping the cherry!!