Ed Brown Mainspring Housing
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum >

Ed Brown Mainspring Housing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Default Ed Brown Mainspring Housing

Hey guys, anyone got a review on these? I've been looking into getting the mainspring housing with the snakeskin and magwell (blued version) and wanted some opinions on the quality on them and finish.
Thanks

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #2

Sorry forgot the pic
569349.jpg  

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-20-2011, 06:01 PM   #3

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I dont have the EB mainspring housing on mine yet but pretty much everything else on mine is EB..i cant imagine why it wouldnt be a good buy,everything else made by EB is top notch

Old 10-20-2011, 07:35 PM   #4

Liked 64 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 58

I have an EB Kobra which comes stock with the EB snakeskin MH...
It is awesome - as is the entire gun.
The only thing that mine does not have is the Magwell extension on the MH. I plan on ordering that for Christmas. I like the S&A MH & Magwell that I got for my SA loaded but it is one piece. I really like the EB because if you ever want to carry, you can remove the Magwell extension on theirs.
Here is a pic of mine on the gun.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartwatkins
I have an EB Kobra which comes stock with the EB snakeskin MH...
It is awesome - as is the entire gun.
The only thing that mine does not have is the Magwell extension on the MH. I plan on ordering that for Christmas. I like the S&A MH & Magwell that I got for my SA loaded but it is one piece. I really like the EB because if you ever want to carry, you can remove the Magwell extension on theirs.
Here is a pic of mine on the gun.
Man she looks pretty. On my sig it has pretty nice checkering on it already, but I kind of want to go with the blued option w/scales (after all it is a custom shop gun from sig, Stx model . I think it would contrast pretty well as everything else on the gun is black and silver. The stock msh is silver so I've been pondering if it would look goofy or not. Wray, got any pics of your 1911? I'd like to see it.

~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-20-2011, 09:33 PM   #6

Liked 64 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 58

The scales themselves are very nicely done by EB...
They are smooth if you run your hand down them one way - but from the other way, they grip & offer just the right amount of purchase (not "bite"). I like them alot.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartwatkins
The scales themselves are very nicely done by EB...
They are smooth if you run your hand down them one way - but from the other way, they grip & offer just the right amount of purchase (not "bite"). I like them alot.
Good b/c that's what I'm looking for. Thanks bart

~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-20-2011, 09:48 PM   #8

Liked 431 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I don't have the snakeskin, but I have two other EB MSHs. One is the chainlink bobtail and the other is the regular checkered bobtail. Both are excellent quality pieces that required no fitting at all.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus
I don't have the snakeskin, but I have two other EB MSHs. One is the chainlink bobtail and the other is the regular checkered bobtail. Both are excellent quality pieces that required no fitting at all.
I thought about the chainlink but decided I like the aggressiveness of the snakeskin

~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #10

Liked 431 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I went with the chainlink mainly for the look as opposed to the texture. I've gotten used to shooting 1911s with smooth front and back straps. But for the CBOB 10mm, it came with a smooth MSH and I needed more grip for that beast so I got the checkered MSH.