Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Ed brown custom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 901 Times on 474 Posts
Likes Given: 635

Comparing a RO to an EB is like comparing a VW to Porche. The trigger pull, smoothness, accuracy ease of operation is radically different. Like buying a 300.00 deer rifle and a Dakota custom. Sheesh man there is a HUGE difference. Shoot both and you will say something more intelligent than that. I love my RIAs and other entry level guns but they will never be a semi- custom.

USMC 74-78

People Like This 
Old 08-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #12

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 11-07-2012, 05:33 AM   #13

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba View Post
I wouldn't think so either the Springfield Range Officer 1911 is a mighty fine pistol, and regardless of how nicely finished the Ed Brown is I wouldn't think it was 200% better then the Range Officer, I believe that when somebody buys a $3000 gun is plainly because they have more money then sense and want to own a token for their status quo and bragging rights, and thats fine and dandy more power to them, what gets me is when they look down on your $800 pistol and dub it an entry level 1911 as if it is any less accurate and reliable then their $3000 1911, glad you got the opportunity to make the comparison first hand.

shoot safe, shoot straight, and have fun
I flat disagree with you here. I can feel the difference between a Wilson and a Colt(note: I love Colts). However, I agree, one shouldn't look down on someone else because a 3000 dollar pistol is not worth it to everyone. Will a Wilson make you shoot better? Probably not, but I can sure feel a difference when I shoot it. That being said, is a Wilson 3x as good as a 1000 dollar Colt......probably not.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #14

Liked 25 Times on 22 Posts

It is interesting that people who don't own a custom or semi-custom pistol always project that the people who do own them have purchased them for "bragging rights" and other ego fulfillment as opposed to performance.

I can tell you that there is a real difference in the performance of the semi-custom guns that I own as compared to production guns - not to mention features, fit, and finish. I also own an $800 1911 and carry it regularly but I don't pretend that because it will make "ragged holes" in a target - a non-quantifiable metric used by those who want to insist that's all that counts - that it is every bit as good in every single way as the more expensive pistols. It's not - take my word for it.

The ragged hole metric is complete baloney and doesn't begin to take into account the performance and handling differences which make the more expensive pistols faster on follow up shots or more accurate at longer distances.

It is also interesting that people who don't own expensive pistols are always so sure that people who do "look down" on other people and their pistols. Again, total projection. Here's the fact - what YOU own is of no concern to me - I really don't care. You shooting a less expensive pistol in no way affects my life or the enjoyment of my pistols - so put YOUR ego away and quit thinking you're important enough to merit that much consideration by someone else.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #15

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba
I wouldn't think so either the Springfield Range Officer 1911 is a mighty fine pistol, and regardless of how nicely finished the Ed Brown is I wouldn't think it was 200% better then the Range Officer, I believe that when somebody buys a $3000 gun is plainly because they have more money then sense and want to own a token for their status quo and bragging rights, and thats fine and dandy more power to them, what gets me is when they look down on your $800 pistol and dub it an entry level 1911 as if it is any less accurate and reliable then their $3000 1911, glad you got the opportunity to make the comparison first hand.

shoot safe, shoot straight, and have fun
Come shoot my nhc's .....itll change your mind.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:08 PM   #16

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhorn_cortez View Post
It is interesting that people who don't own a custom or semi-custom pistol always project that the people who do own them have purchased them for "bragging rights" and other ego fulfillment as opposed to performance.

I can tell you that there is a real difference in the performance of the semi-custom guns that I own as compared to production guns - not to mention features, fit, and finish. I also own an $800 1911 and carry it regularly but I don't pretend that because it will make "ragged holes" in a target - a non-quantifiable metric used by those who want to insist that's all that counts - that it is every bit as good in every single way as the more expensive pistols. It's not - take my word for it.

The ragged hole metric is complete baloney and doesn't begin to take into account the performance and handling differences which make the more expensive pistols faster on follow up shots or more accurate at longer distances.

It is also interesting that people who don't own expensive pistols are always so sure that people who do "look down" on other people and their pistols. Again, total projection. Here's the fact - what YOU own is of no concern to me - I really don't care. You shooting a less expensive pistol in no way affects my life or the enjoyment of my pistols - so put YOUR ego away and quit thinking you're important enough to merit that much consideration by someone else.
Well said. I have never looked down on anyone for what they own and I somewhat resent that being implied. I do completely agree that you can feel the difference too.