drop in wilson combat barrels to fit ur 1911 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > drop in wilson combat barrels to fit ur 1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 24 Times on 7 Posts

It's quite rare that a shooter can "challenge" the inherent mechanical accuracy of any quality handgun. It's your money so go for it but don't expect miracles...

Old 02-16-2011, 11:42 AM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

pranc2, my guess is that the Kimber specific, WC drop in barrel ,is made to Kimber's spec's. Meaning you will have the same barrel you have now, only with a WC roll mark.

Just a guess.

[]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
"----)_'_\--(
"--------\--\
"---------\_/

Old 02-16-2011, 11:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranc2 View Post
needed and wanting are two different things. would not even think of it if it wasnt Wilson Combat. but it is.. sooo... barrel is bored to .00005 inch to perfect. also less than half and inch at 25yards in .45acp. it would be like having a sleeper kimber. long range accuracy being one of the biggest things that puts the two apart(to me). and for $200 why not..
I am an old guy and surely not real smart. But i can tell you this, over the years I have had several Colt 45's and a few other brands. I then bought a Springfield 1911 A1 plain jane out of the box and could out shoot any of the Colts I had. No big modifications needed to be made. As always, if you work up a load you like and shoot your pistol, ya ain't gonna need a 200 dollar barrel...That barrel will not make your gun shoot any better...You learning where to aim will. If you are putting your sights on target and hitting to the left. A Wilson barrel ain't gonna make it shoot a little to the right. Just my thoughts.
Believe me I know where to aim mine to hit what I want to hit. But above all this, Ain't 45's the greatest?
No attacks please.....Thanks.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:56 AM   #14

Well said, hitting the target is usually done by the person behind the barrel and maybe just practice time is needed....but like you said it's your money

Old 02-17-2011, 02:00 AM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

i am not questioning the weapon at all. and have been going to the range often and trying little different things to see what works well for me. and still yet getting better. with still a lot to learn with myself. but i do know when i am messing up.

Barrels | Bushings | Links | Bushing Wrenches-Wilson Combat

check it out yourselves if you would.
do very much understand and believe "if it aint broke dont fix it."
i guess the way to best describe my want is instead of getting rims(i.e. grips) for my car (kimber) i want a aftermarket engine (barrel).
and also if you think that wilson combat is not one of the best 1911's you can get. that is just an opinion. and tell me that barrel isnt just beautiful.

did not mean to "attack" anyone
just thought that friendly arguments were part of a forum.
maybe the money would be better spent on another weapon.

thank you all for your input either way

Old 02-17-2011, 02:30 AM   #16
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3273 Times on 1884 Posts
Likes Given: 1397

I applaud you for going your own way. Some of us have tried things (read different "upgrades").

I have no problems with personalizing / upgrading / blinging anything you want, but when you do, go in with an open mind and questions.

If I could recoup some of the money I've wasted on firearms, I could have a 2nd Ed Brown.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 02-18-2011, 12:58 AM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

thanks.. i seemed to do that quite a bit.

i have a couple of months to think it over anyway. but will let everyone know the information i find out.