Double barrel 1911 - your thoughts? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Double barrel 1911 - your thoughts?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,155
Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
That is possibly the WORST invention ever.
Nope, vibrators won that prize.
__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
Blueguns Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215

Here's a hint, 2 of his films showed the same concept gun that was strategically fired from a man's crotch!
I want a penis gun so bad.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Albuquerque,New Mexico
Posts: 138
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyno13 View Post
Hell yeah I would buy one. I might not shoot it much, but I would buy one. It can't kick harder than the .500 S&W (which I have shot)
It would probably kick way less then the 500. 2 pretty hot 45s have the energy of a .44 mag, however, you would be shooting 460 grains of bullet down range, so I'm guessing it would kick a little more then a .44. My question is.....what's the point of this gun?
__________________
Tidalforce79 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Garadex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 1,267
Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidalforce79

It would probably kick way less then the 500. 2 pretty hot 45s have the energy of a .44 mag, however, you would be shooting 460 grains of bullet down range, so I'm guessing it would kick a little more then a .44. My question is.....what's the point of this gun?
To make you feel better about your crappy accuracy by throwing twice the lead and wasting more money on ammo.
__________________

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Garadex is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
To make you feel better about your crappy accuracy by throwing twice the lead and wasting more money on ammo.
Spray 'n Pray
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:14 AM   #36
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Erie County PA,
Posts: 2,703
Liked 1729 Times on 1065 Posts
Likes Given: 9211

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidalforce79 View Post
My question is.....what's the point of this gun?
To allow some men to overcompensate for their um........

Shortcomings.

Seriously, It is just an ego boosting toy for those who can afford it. To me ,it would be a useless waste of money and ammo. Still, if I had a friend who was insecure enough to buy it, I would shoot it. Only to be able to say I did, and only if he was paying for the ammo.
__________________

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

kfox75 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #37
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

** snot bubble **

I'd like to second Hossfly's comment;

__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
HOSSFLY Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
double barrel ar-15?!?!?! cutshaw AR-15 Discussion 18 06-18-2012 07:19 PM
AF 2011 A1 double barreled 1911, Thoughts? InDefenseofLiberty 1911 Forum 21 04-23-2012 12:09 AM
Double Barrel 1911 007BondJamesBond007 General Handgun Discussion 4 03-14-2012 03:31 PM
Thoughts about STI Double Stack? BarryNiven 1911 Forum 5 12-26-2011 02:15 PM
Which was invented first? The Double Barrel Shotgun or the Double Barrel Rifle? MP1000 General Shotgun Discussion 6 11-09-2009 10:16 PM