Is it difficult to Connect a 1911 Hammer Strut to a 1911 Hammer?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Is it difficult to Connect a 1911 Hammer Strut to a 1911 Hammer?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Is it difficult to Connect a 1911 Hammer Strut to a 1911 Hammer?

I have been searching all over for a Stainless Steel or Aluminum Solid Wide Spur Hammer for a Rock Island Armory M1911-A1FS GI that is my play do whatever you like gun. Anyway i found me a Awesome Aluminum Match Solid Short Trigger So i am still on the hunt for the right hammer.

Anyways the Hammers that i found that i have my heart set on appear to be just the Hammer without the Hammer strut. I have never disconnected or Connected the Hammer strut from the hammer is it difficult??????? is there any how to videos on youtube or somewhere just wondering will any govenrment hammer strut work with any government hammer?????? This gun is gonna be Awesome Looking and a little more acccurate with the new trigger.

Out of all the times i have done 100% Detail Stripped of my 1911'S i have never once disconnected or Connected the Hammer Strut from the Hammer Just never had a reason to.

I am sure i can buy a Colt Government Stainless Hammer Strut and it should work with any Government Hammer i purchase right?

Here is the link to the Hammer Strut i have my heart set on
http://www.coltsmfg.com/ShopOnline/tabid/62/ProdID/57/CatID/10/Default.aspx

Here is the link to the Hammer i have my heart set on
http://www.cylinder-slide.com/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=CS0022

These 2 parts should be compatible with one another and my Rock Island M1911-A1FS right?
That hammer is $83 damm seems like a lot.
Thank you for your helpful answers i really appreciate it

Last edited by CAMCHAMPION1988; 12-25-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-25-2011, 10:29 AM   #2

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

It's very easy, the hammer "assembly" is very simple, a hammer, a hammer strut, and a hammer strut pin. You slide the strut in line and with the curve facing the right way(very important) and slide the pin in. Many people choose to stake it(including myself) where you use a center punch at the "seam" between the hammer and pin, locking them together.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 12-25-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3095 Times on 1779 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

A trigger (by itself) does not affect accuracy of a firearm.
How the trigger is setup to work with other parts allows the trigger to be easily manipulated for a smoother pull.

The strut is connected to the hammer with a pin, and most strut / hammer combinations for a full sized 1911 will work.

The pin has to be "drifted" out (and some are "pinned" in place which makes the process a little harder.)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 12-29-2011, 05:09 AM   #4

If a trigger ihas imperfections on it which prevent a smooth, consistent, predictable trigger break, the firearm may ever so slightly be jerked off track (maybe not noticeable to every shooter) this may give the shooter the impression that its"not accurate" when really, its just more difficult to get its full accuracy potential from that firearm. So I guess its kind of incorrect to say the guns trigger has nothing to do with accuracy, because it does in a round about way.