Dan Wesson/Cz 1911
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Dan Wesson/Cz 1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 06:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Dan Wesson/Cz 1911

hey all,

Forgive me if Im missing anything. Im a younger guy, and new here. Just started my collection with an FNP-40 a little while ago.

Anyways, Ive always wanted a 1911. I like a lot of offerings that Colt and Kimber have out. In stores Ive always enjoyed CZ USA guns. I like the feel, they seem well built. Well today I discovered the CZ Dan Wesson 1911 Valor. I loved the look, I loved the feel. Its expensive but its the one I want. Its between this and a Kimber.

That being said has anyone fired and of the CZ 1911s? Anyone like or dislike CZ for any reason?

Last edited by Immortal4419; 03-15-2011 at 06:56 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-15-2011, 08:22 AM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

While CZ owns Dan Wesson, you'll get a lot more response by asking about Dan Wessons as the brand existed long before CZ bought them. They are at or near the top of the heap for production 1911s...

Old 03-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #3

Default Dan Wesson/CZ 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
While CZ owns Dan Wesson, you'll get a lot more response by asking about Dan Wessons as the brand existed long before CZ bought them. They are at or near the top of the heap for production 1911s...
Ok thank you. Will do!

Old 03-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2872 Times on 1659 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

Dan Wesson's 1911's are very well made (in the USA) and use top name parts. Every DW I've had has been an excellent shooter and eye-candy.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 03-15-2011, 09:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Dan Wesson's 1911's are very well made (in the USA) and use top name parts. Every DW I've had has been an excellent shooter and eye-candy.

Do you have any pictures of ones that you've owned?
Its more than what I would like to spend, but I have always been a go big or go home type of guy. Id rather buy quality once and have it my whole life.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:28 AM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Currently, I have have only one. The C-BOB in 10mm.

And this is the other "Bob", From Ed Brown

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Last edited by danf_fl; 03-15-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:58 PM   #7

Liked 429 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 34

The Dan Wesson 1911s are very good guns. But I feel like the pricepoints on the new Valor models have put DW into another class with more competition. With the older CBOBs, DW had probably the best quality 1911 for the most competitive price. You got a lot of gun for a relatively affordable price.

But now with the new Valors and the Duty Treatment, prices have jumped to around $1700 for a gun that is going to look exactly like the next that sold. I came pretty close to buying one, but the price tag turned me off. Then I realized that I could have a gun custom built to my exact specs, pick from any number of options, etc from Fusion Firearms for $100 more than the DW. To me, being able to fully customize a gun is worth the extra $100 to me. The drawback is the timeframe it's going to take to have the gun built by Fusion. If you've got patience, I would contact Bob Serva at Fusion and tell him what you're looking for. He will help you design a gun around what you want. If you're a "gotta-have-it-now" kinda guy then the DW will be a good option.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #8
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

As a side note: Bob Serva was president of DW before CZ bought him out.

Amendment II:

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 03-15-2011, 04:56 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I also had a Dan Wesson Commander bobtail. They have a bunch of Ed Brown parts in them and are outstanding pistols. They were under priced for a long time and now are selling for what they are worth.

It's the only 1911 that I wish I could have back.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-15-2011, 09:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911GripMaker View Post
The Dan Wesson 1911s are very good guns. But I feel like the pricepoints on the new Valor models have put DW into another class with more competition. With the older CBOBs, DW had probably the best quality 1911 for the most competitive price. You got a lot of gun for a relatively affordable price.

But now with the new Valors and the Duty Treatment, prices have jumped to around $1700 for a gun that is going to look exactly like the next that sold. I came pretty close to buying one, but the price tag turned me off. Then I realized that I could have a gun custom built to my exact specs, pick from any number of options, etc from Fusion Firearms for $100 more than the DW. To me, being able to fully customize a gun is worth the extra $100 to me. The drawback is the timeframe it's going to take to have the gun built by Fusion. If you've got patience, I would contact Bob Serva at Fusion and tell him what you're looking for. He will help you design a gun around what you want. If you're a "gotta-have-it-now" kinda guy then the DW will be a good option.
hmm this is very cool to know. Im on Bob Servas/Fusions website. So basically you just go down the list and add all the parts you want?