Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Curious GS issue...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 02:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Curious GS issue...

A couple of weeks ago, I field stripped my SIG GSR to clean it. When I reassembled it, I did the safety checks and realized that when I pulled the trigger without depressing the GS, the hammer would drop. Thought maybe it was the sear spring so I replaced it with an Ed Brown. No change. I sent it back to SIG (BTW they received it on Dec. 15 and I got it back on the 18th!)
When I got it back the paperwork said the ejector was loose and they had replaced it. Everything works fine now. After thinking about it, I wondered how the ejector could affect the trigger/sear mechanism. Can someone explain this?

In God We Trust. (Everyone else, hands where I can see 'em)

If Obama is the answer, then the question must have been stupid.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-08-2009, 01:51 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Try calling Sig Sauer customer service @ 603-772-2302................