Concealed carry holster for S&W 1911
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Concealed carry holster for S&W 1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Concealed carry holster for S&W 1911

I want to carry my new S&W1911 C&L and with the holster I got recently Tagua Gun Leather - Gun Holsters, Leather Holsters, Pistol Holsters, Western Holsters, Shoulder Holsters, Glock Holsters I've been having problems. The snap seem to land right over the top of the safety and as I move/run/work it forces the safety down (OFF/FIRE!). Anyone else ever have a similar problem? Anyone got a holster they think will work better for me?

Thanks, Capt Jim

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-13-2009, 12:07 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Lots of folks like the Milt Sparks offerings.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-13-2009, 02:14 AM   #3

Default Let me try this again...

I guess I should have been more specific. I'm looking for a thumb break holster or something with some sort of restraint. I see my first post came out kinda wrong. This is the holster I'm having problems with... Tagua Gun Leather - Gun Holsters, Leather Holsters, Pistol Holsters, Western Holsters, Shoulder Holsters, Glock Holsters

Any suggestions ?

Thanks again!
CaptJim

Old 11-14-2009, 12:56 PM   #4

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Not to be a pain but isn't thumb break/restraint and concealed carry mutually exclusive in a holster description?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 11-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #5

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Get a Thunderwear IWB holster and never look back

Old 11-15-2009, 02:54 AM   #6

Default You're absolutely right

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Not to be a pain but isn't thumb break/restraint and concealed carry mutually exclusive in a holster description?
Not necessarily... I'm looking for something like this Commerce Storefront B2C for corporate/executive security jobs, but, as I said, the one I bought keeps knocking my 1911 safe into the "off/fire" position. I'd rather not buy a dozen until I find one that works so I thought I'd see if anyone has had any experience with anything like this.

Thanks again.
CaptJim

Old 11-28-2009, 03:27 PM   #7

I carried a 1911 in a Bianchi 7L thumb brake holster for 0ver 25 years and never had the thumb safety disengage. I'm now using a Bianchi X15 with no problems. Many departments are now going with the Blackhawk Serpa holster as it provides the best security and the rigid polymer construction doesn't let the holster side rub the thumb safety like a nylon or leather holster might. My guns have a stock thumb safety - if you have an extended safety - that could be part of your problem.

Bruce,
Savage Pistol Defense School

Old 01-06-2010, 03:47 AM   #8

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayowl View Post
I carried a 1911 in a Bianchi 7L thumb brake holster for 0ver 25 years and never had the thumb safety disengage. I'm now using a Bianchi X15 with no problems. Many departments are now going with the Blackhawk Serpa holster as it provides the best security and the rigid polymer construction doesn't let the holster side rub the thumb safety like a nylon or leather holster might. My guns have a stock thumb safety - if you have an extended safety - that could be part of your problem.

Bruce,
Savage Pistol Defense School
Sorry it too me so long to respond. My younger brother passed away from pancreatic cancer just after I posted this question and things have been real messed up since. He has a wife and 2 little kids I'm trying to help take care of. Anyway thanks... I actually did go with the Blackhawk Serpa before I even saw your response. Been happy with it so far. The hard plastic paddle is a little tough on my bony ass/hips sometimes like when sitting in the car, but I love the quick access and positive locking action. Thanks again!
Capt. Jim