Which Compensator Is It???
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Which Compensator Is It???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Which Compensator Is It???

Hey i was just wondering if anyone has seen The Punisher? not the new one (War Zone) but the one made in 2004... does anyone know what kind of compensator that Frank Castle (Punisher) has on his Colt 1911A1 Goverment??? just curious... because i have a Colt 1911A1 Goverment Model so i was just curious what that particular compensator is running for, how well it work, what finishes it comes in, what the make and model is ect. ect. so yeah if anyone could hit me back up that would be really cool. by the way: im not a tree hugger or anything im kinda new to the gun world... im not a poser or anything i wont even pretend to act like i know much of anything about guns, but i want to. besides know a few models by sight like a 1911, G26, G17, Beretta 92FS (M9) and stuff like that i dont know much but i really would like to learn as much as my crammed brain can handle and then some... i read a few posts and stuff and saw some guys getting hammered for not stating what im stating so i just thought id let you know... lol by the way does anyone know how a colt 1911 compares to kimber 1911 in recoil, power, range, reliability ect. ect... thanks and happy late new years

-Jeremy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-14-2009, 08:42 PM   #2

One thing to remember is that many Hollywood movies have guns made custom just for visual effect. I remember Arnolds movies always having guns you could never find simply because they didn't exist. They would piece together different guns and do custom milling to give them a macho edge for the movie. I remember Aliens having a SPAS 12 part of their space age rifles. It was a grenade launcher in the movie. Good luck hunting that compensator down.

Handgun of Choice-Sig X5 Competition
Rifle of Choice- FS2000

http://cueandcushion.com

Old 01-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #3

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I'm sure hudd357mag has nailed it.
If you can, it helps to post photos.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-14-2009, 08:55 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I'll check it out tonight when I get home and see if I can find it - but my guess is that is was something made for the movie as suggested above. Might be able to find you something close though..... there are only about 100 designs for barrel compensators out there... LOL

JD

Old 01-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Let's try to post new threads in the proper sections please.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:10 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ok, I think maybe I answered my own question from the above post...Gun Accessories section?

Also, for those of you who might be able to tell from pictures, here a couple shots of the .45s that JKnopp45 is asking about:

Nice jam below...wups!

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 01-19-2009, 07:04 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead View Post
This is a post about a 1911 pistol (albeit it one from a movie). Just so I don't understand and don't make a mistake, is the 1911 section of the forum not appropriate for this posting?
I moved it to this section, thanks for noticing. If you must know, it was posted in the forum software help section.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Last edited by matt g; 01-19-2009 at 07:07 AM.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:03 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2953 Times on 1539 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Compensators on pistols in calibers such as .45 ACP and .40 have very limited usefullness. The comp works by redirecting a portion of the gasses upward (and sometimes sideways) to reduce recoil and muzzle flip/whip. Neither cartridge has uses enough powder to generate enough gasses to counteract much of anything. The difference in recoil is negligable and not worth the investment in the comp.

You almost never see open class (compensted) .40 or .45 pistols in IPSC competition. .38 super (and assorted others in the same class ie. .38 SC, .38 TJ etc) is still the open class king. The amount of powder in relation to bore diameter is high enough to allow the comp to be effective.

Unless you have money to burn on a "cool looking" accessory, stay away from .45 comps. Spend the money on ammo and range time and come away a much better marksman.

Putting a comp on a .45 is like putting a big aluminum wing on the back of an F-250. It does nothing but make you look cool to the other mojados.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:13 PM   #9

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
like putting a big aluminum wing on the back of an F-250. It does nothing but make you look cool to the other mojados.
We call that the shopping cart handle around these parts.

JD

Old 01-21-2009, 02:25 AM   #10
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1250 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 596

If you look at the movie guns you will also see that they have fixed sights,and I have always seen adjustable target sights on every compensated gun that was from the factory or custom built for competition.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club