Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Colt xse question??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 03:46 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalGuy15 View Post
I personally didnt buy the gun new but a guy i know did. He bought it from a local gun dealer and he and the dealer called colt about it but colt wouldnt admit to
Putting the wrong slide on the gun. Im going to go to the dealer and see if he can contact colt again and see if they will fess up and give me paperwork saying it was a messup on their end or will send me the correct slide and i can send them the one i have. Its really not a big deal but im kinda pickey when it comes to my guns. Especially a nice 1911. Should i even be concerned? Does it effect the value any?
Yes you should be concerned! The gun in it's current condition is looked at as a parts gun. I'm a big Colts fan and would steer clear of this gun if offered to me for sale.

Don't put this on the dealer, it's your gun. Contact Colt and demand it be fixed!
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Colt’s Manufacturing Company LLC
P.O. Box 1868
Hartford, CT 06144
USA

Tel: 800-962-2658 (Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm EST)
Fax: (860) 244-1379

SHIPPING ADDRESS (Overnight Shipping Address for Firearms)
C.M.C.
2 Talcott Road
West Hartford, CT 06110
USA

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-10-2011, 12:13 PM   #12

Well i wasnt tryin to put it on the dealer. I was just going to have him call since he had made note to them before about the issue. I didnt want to call since i wasnt the origional buyer and i didnt want them to think i bought a "parts gun" and just want it fixed. I just dont want to mess up my chance of them making it right for me. Ive always wanted a nice colt and this is the first one ive owned. I hope they will make it right. If they wont make it good do you know if they will sell me a slide or not?

Old 08-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #13

Well i just got off the phone with COLT. I told them i had an XSE that was marked COLT RAIL GUN and the gun wasnt equipt with a rail. The customer service lady put me on hold for about a minute and came back and said, it sounds like a stamping error so just send it to us and we will put a new "correct" slide on it at no cost to you. I just have to pay for the shipping to get it to them! I am VERY pleased with colts customer service!

Old 08-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Most excellent! Please keep us in the loop.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-10-2011, 10:00 PM   #15

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Outstanding response from Colt.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-10-2011, 10:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalGuy15 View Post
Well i just got off the phone with COLT. I told them i had an XSE that was marked COLT RAIL GUN and the gun wasnt equipt with a rail. The customer service lady put me on hold for about a minute and came back and said, it sounds like a stamping error so just send it to us and we will put a new "correct" slide on it at no cost to you. I just have to pay for the shipping to get it to them! I am VERY pleased with colts customer service!
Great, I love Colt's Mfg! I'm sure they told you that the gun (Handgun) needs to be shipped overnight via FedEx or UPS because you are not an FFL. That's going to cost ya ~$35-40! Go back to the dealer and tell them what Colt said and ask them if they can ship the gun to them. Offer to pay the shipping. Because they're an FFL, they can ship via USPS for ~$7. FFLs don't need to ship overnight.

Because you are the owner, Colt can ship the gun back directly to your address. There is no need to have it shipped to an FFl because there is no transfer involved in firearms repair.

Congrats on your XSE acquisition and I'm sure you will be happy with it for years to come.

I know, I have one!

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

- orangello

Old 08-10-2011, 11:37 PM   #17

Very nice pistol you have there!! Well i just got home from UPS and it cost me $91 to have it overnighted with insurance. OUCH!!! Oh well its worth it to me to have my pistol in correct form!! They told me on the phone that repairs are 6 weeks out but since mine isnt a repair it may be soon! MAN I HOPE SO!! Ill keep everyone informed! THUMBS UP TO COLT CUSTOMER SERVICE, "so far" : )

Old 09-10-2011, 12:31 AM   #18

Just wanted to let you guys know that i received my 1911 back from colt today. It has a brand new beautiful slide on it and looks amazing. From the day i shipped it out it was one day shy of a month when i got it back. I am VERY pleased with colt and their customer service! 2 THUMBS UP!!!!

Old 09-10-2011, 01:13 AM   #19

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Outstanding!

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-10-2011, 01:27 AM   #20

- orangello