Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > colt vs. kimber vs. sig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 425 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhorn_cortez View Post
Yep. If the police told me to throw the SIG down on the ground or pavement - I'd do it without thinking about it. If it was my Wilson Supergrade I'd (with apologies to Jack Benny) say, "Okay...okay...I'm thinking about it."

I absolutely don't care about the SIG - which is exactly why I carry it. The gun runs 100% with any type of bullet profile. I ran 300 rounds through it the first day and have put another 800 through it, including 200 rounds of carry ammunition - and it always works. It's nice, it works all of the time - but it's not special in any way. It can be replaced easily with a phone call. I'd have to wait a minimum of 24 months to replace a lot of the other pistols I have because of the build time.

The SIG RCS is the 1911 equivalent of a Glock for me - I don't care about losing it, scratching it, or throwing it down - it's a "throw away" and easy to replace.

Does that explain my statement a bit better?
You might just call the Sig "replaceable" and leave it at that.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #72

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
You might just call the Sig "replaceable" and leave it at that.
Most would

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #73
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhorn_cortez View Post
Yep. If the police told me to throw the SIG down on the ground or pavement - I'd do it without thinking about it. If it was my Wilson Supergrade I'd (with apologies to Jack Benny) say, "Okay...okay...I'm thinking about it."

I absolutely don't care about the SIG - which is exactly why I carry it. The gun runs 100% with any type of bullet profile. I ran 300 rounds through it the first day and have put another 800 through it, including 200 rounds of carry ammunition - and it always works. It's nice, it works all of the time - but it's not special in any way. It can be replaced easily with a phone call. I'd have to wait a minimum of 24 months to replace a lot of the other pistols I have because of the build time.

The SIG RCS is the 1911 equivalent of a Glock for me - I don't care about losing it, scratching it, or throwing it down - it's a "throw away" and easy to replace.

Does that explain my statement a bit better?
What I got from that comment was: the bottom line is that the SIG is the one that you choose to carry to protect your life with.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56
otisthecat Likes This 
Old 12-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #74
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19593 Times on 11121 Posts
Likes Given: 49334

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Depends on what game your playin my ole friend
well here's my entrance fee into the game! just a lowly little ole AC Commander! definately not a NHC, Wilson or even a throw-away Sig as some refer to them. but i really like the American Classics.

Last edited by Axxe55; 01-06-2013 at 04:31 AM.
HOSSFLY Likes This 
Old 12-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
What I got from that comment was: the bottom line is that the SIG is the one that you choose to carry to protect your life with.
That or make a phone call- I kinda lost track-------& interest

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 12-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
well here's my entrance fee into the game! just a lowly little ole AC Commander! definately not a NHC, Wilson or even a throw-away Sig as some refer to them. but i really like the American Classics.
My kinda shooter

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #77

Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

Sig, i don't think either of us makes enough money to play in the same league as Buckhorn!
Lmao or maybe we have enough sense to appreciate what we have
Old 12-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #78
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19593 Times on 11121 Posts
Likes Given: 49334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
Lmao or maybe we have enough sense to appreciate what we have
when someone comes on here boasting about their high dollar pistols and a Sig is considered a throwdown, it just strikes me as being a little bit arrogant and snobbish IMO. well not everyone can afford them, and there are some that could afford more. it's about attitude and IMO Buckhorn has an arrogant attitude. not everyone can just pick up the phone and order another pistol like it's a pizza, but may have to actually work quite a bit to afford a nice pistol.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #79

Liked 25 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
I have my choice of seven other 1911's. I would carry, and trust, any on them to protect my life - the SIG is not special in that facet of use. However, I can make a single phone call and replace the SIG in about one week - I can't do that with the other pistols. The SIG has proven to be reliable, so I choose to carry that pistol because it's easily replaceable.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #80

Liked 25 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
when someone comes on here boasting about their high dollar pistols and a Sig is considered a throwdown, it just strikes me as being a little bit arrogant and snobbish IMO. well not everyone can afford them, and there are some that could afford more. it's about attitude and IMO Buckhorn has an arrogant attitude. not everyone can just pick up the phone and order another pistol like it's a pizza, but may have to actually work quite a bit to afford a nice pistol.
And I find it arrogant when someone comes onto a website and claims a SIG is every bit the equal of semi-custom and custom pistols when it's not. I own expensive pistols and I make no apologies for that. I don't smoke, I don't drink, rarely go out to a restaurant, and I drive a 12 year old automobile - I spend my money on guns. I've have worked at a job every day since I was 14 years old and have earned everything I have. If you find me and my allocation of resources arrogant - can't help you.

My point - which you have missed and/or distorted for your own purposes - is that the SIG is a good pistol, but not equal to a Nighthawk at 1/3 the price. The fact YOU can't order another pistol with a phone call doesn't make me arrogant - it's how I view the use of the of my money and my pistols. I would certainly have to make choices as to what else I could buy for the next two months - but, it's only a question of resource allocation at that point.

You and your resources have nothing to do with what I can or can't do with my life or what I can or can't write on a gun forum. I would suggest you might to evaluate your arrogance in labeling someone else from simply reading posts on an Internet forum.