colt vs. kimber vs. sig - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > colt vs. kimber vs. sig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 01:16 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalsh66

I've been told earlier in this thread that sig doesn't have it together on their commander framed guns. Are is there anything difference in the government and commander framed sig guns? Anything that would make a quality difference?
That was me. I just feel and hear that their FS are really "where it's at" so to speak, but the smaller ones are great too. I'm just prejudiced toward the bigger ones. I haven't heard bad things about the commanders or anything; I haven't heard anything about them at all... But I DO hear about the FS all the time, and having shot several, I vouch for them.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #32

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Dan View Post

That was me. I just feel and hear that their FS are really "where it's at" so to speak, but the smaller ones are great too. I'm just prejudiced toward the bigger ones. I haven't heard bad things about the commanders or anything; I haven't heard anything about them at all... But I DO hear about the FS all the time, and having shot several, I vouch for them.
Got ya. Sorry for the misunderstanding. You weren't talking bad about them, just vouching for the fs guns. Sorry I read and replied to that on my way into the shop bright and early this morning. I might go check out what the lgs has to offer in the way of sig and DW tomorrow afternoon. I tend to favor colt because they are the original but I just can't find one Im in love with. I won't buy it of I don't love it. Its too much money I've been saving for too long not to love the guns I buy. Does anyone know anything about the ruger 1911's? I've read some good things about them but like I said earlier its not a name that first comes to mind for a 1911

Old 12-08-2012, 01:37 AM   #33

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I saw this little guy earlier today and kinda like it. What are your thoughts. Is it just a dressed up gun or is it acually worth the extra dough?

www.impactguns.com/sig-sauer-1911-spartan-features-molon-labe-custom-engraved-nitron-withspartan-helmet-grips-and-lopro.aspx

Old 12-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #34

Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Imho i think theyre in the same category as wilson, nighthawk, Wesson without the inflated price. Thing of it as getting a nighthawk for a third of the price....need more be said
Yeah - I own a Sig, two Wilsons, two Dan Wessons, a Baer, and a Bob Marvel custom. The Sig isn't even in the same ballpark as any of them. I like my Sig, it's a nice throw away carry gun. I could lose it, drop it, throw on pavement and not care. But it's not equal in fit, finish or features compared to the other pistols. If you want to believe a Sig is equal to a Nighthawk - fine - but, they're not...

Old 12-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #35
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalsh66
I saw this little guy earlier today and kinda like it. What are your thoughts. Is it just a dressed up gun or is it acually worth the extra dough?

www.impactguns.com/sig-sauer-1911-spartan-features-molon-labe-custom-engraved-nitron-withspartan-helmet-grips-and-lopro.aspx
Personally, I don't love the whole additional inscriptions on a slide thing. Though you may find another SIG with a bit less extras for quite a few hundred dollars less as well. I paid $750 for my SIG Nitron non railed 1911 in a TacPac (3 SS magazines, speed loader and paddle holster with mag pouch). And the gun shoots better than I do.
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 12-08-2012, 01:44 AM   #36

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhorn_cortez View Post

Yeah - I own a Sig, two Wilsons, two Dan Wessons, a Baer, and a Bob Marvel custom. The Sig isn't even in the same ballpark as any of them. I like my Sig, it's a nice throw away carry gun. I could lose it, drop it, throw on pavement and not care. But it's not equal in fit, finish or features compared to the other pistols. If you want to believe a Sig is equal to a Nighthawk - fine - but, they're not...
That's kind of what I figured. Those companies are the cream of the crop there is nothing even close to them in quality. Wen I went to interview at ed brown he took my wife and I out for some range time and provided the weapons. They are far superior to anything I've ever had my hands on before. The only thing close was the nighthawk I bought my wife a couple years ago.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:44 AM   #37

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhorn_cortez

Those models are of a tight fit-correct?

Old 12-08-2012, 01:52 AM   #38

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalsh66 View Post
What's the sticker read on that one? It looks awesome!!

The Colt 21st Century Wiley Clapp Commander

• Suggested Retail $1379
  • Pre-Series '80 style action with no firing pin safety and improved trigger pull
  • Alloy receiver for a light pistol that carries easy
  • Original style small safety, slide lock and magazine catch, no extensions
  • Colt's National Match Barrel
  • Long black trigger, flat S&A mainspring housing
  • Colt's new beavertail grip safety for comfort in long shooting sessions
  • Special Novak sights – extra-wide notch and bead front for any-light shooting
  • Tactical Oval grips with forward taper and fingerprint checkering
  • Pete Single 25 lpi checkering on the pistol's front-strap
  • Special factory serial number run
Part# 04840WC

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 12-08-2012, 01:59 AM   #39
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Baer, DW, Wilson, nighthawks; they're custom guns and in a different league and imo cant be compared to colt, SIG, SA, Kimber, etc.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 12-08-2012, 02:00 AM   #40

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

http://www.theonlinegunshop.com/shoppingcart/products/SPG-PX9149LP--CHAMP--LWT---------452TN-%252d-SPRINGFIELD-INC.html

What about something like this? Its well below my price range but seems like a solid weapon