Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Colt vs Kimber (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/colt-vs-kimber-55316/)

ShagNasty1001 01-12-2012 06:45 AM

Colt vs Kimber

My friend is looking to get a 1911 on his up coming birthday and is looking towards a Kimber. I've been trying to get him to switch to Colt because I've heard Kimber has been having some problems lately and I'm personally a Colt fan. Which would y'all prefer and why

Jstrong 01-12-2012 07:02 AM

Your friend is clearly misguided if he thinks a Kimber has much more to offer him than a colt.I mean that's almost like choosing a Smith and Wesson wheelgun over a python for the same price,both awesome guns... but I mean c'mon...

... its a colt... when someone says 1911 (unless your a well informed firearms nut and you think of john Browning) the word COLT comes to mind.

Your buddy must not have been well adjusted inthe firearms world...

Marlinman 01-12-2012 07:37 AM

If hes wanting to go that route but doesnt want a colt then get a sig or s&w 1911

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

trip286 01-12-2012 07:58 AM

I'm a huge fan of smith and wesson myself, but I liked the way the sigs felt in my hand better. There is an amazing asking of differences in how these guns feel considering they're all of the same design, our derived from the same design. Haven't shot one yet, but hopefully pretty soon I'll be giving a range report on a Colt.

Marlinman 01-12-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286
I'm a huge fan of smith and wesson myself, but I liked the way the sigs felt in my hand better. There is an amazing asking of differences in how these guns feel considering they're all of the same design, our derived from the same design. Haven't shot one yet, but hopefully pretty soon I'll be giving a range report on a Colt.

Well as most people on here know i swear by my gold cups but yeah sigs are great weapons.

ShagNasty1001 01-12-2012 09:31 AM

At least I'm not alone in thinking that Colt is way better. I'll be sure to show him all these posts

spittinfire 01-12-2012 10:01 AM

Cane should be along shortly.

I'm going to go get some popcorn because this thread should be entertaining.

Marlinman 01-12-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire
Cane should be along shortly.

I'm going to go get some popcorn because this thread should be entertaining.

Yes it should....im tryin to find my kevlar and flak now that you said cane should show up.;) thanks for the warning

gollygee 01-12-2012 02:14 PM

I have a couple of Colts & a Kimber. No problems with any of them & I have 2 more Kimbers & a Colt on my wish list. Some would say the Kimber is over priced because of all the MIM parts & the Colt only has 4 MIM parts. If that is a concern to you, the Colt would be a better value. Colt seems to be known for holding it's resale value better, but I never buy a pistol with the intention of selling it.

danf_fl 01-12-2012 03:18 PM

I don't own a Kimber and don't have any plans on buying one.

From a person who has done work for others 1911's, I prefer the Colt over the Kimber.