Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Colt New Agent (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/colt-new-agent-82554/)

JL77 01-27-2013 02:17 AM

Colt New Agent

Hey guys, saw a Colt New Agent in a local shop today, priced around $900.

They had both .45acp and 9mm.

Anyone shot one of these sweet pistols, in either caliber? Any recommendations?

Had been looking at Sigs until I saw the Colt today, now I am mesmerized.

Looking for any feedback anyone can provide.

TIA,

JL77

CA357 01-27-2013 03:39 AM

Cane's got one. I'm not sure of the caliber, but I believe it's a .45ACP.

JL77 01-27-2013 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357
Cane's got one. I'm not sure of the caliber, but I believe it's a .45ACP.

I'll tell you what CA, its a beautiful pistol. Just looks like a 1911 should. I'm sure it shoots and handles like a dream.

Felt great in the hand.

And, I'm one of those guys that think every gun owner should own at least 1 Colt. They are the standard, IMHO.

CA357 01-27-2013 04:11 AM

If you can afford it, get the .45 and don't look back.

JonM 01-27-2013 04:22 AM

Ive gota new agent in 45acp. Absolutely superb firearm. Best of all the micro 1911 out there. Feeds everything without issue. The 45 version can also use any full size mag not just the short ones. The short mag it comes with still holds 7 giving you a 7+1 load out.

My preference is the new agent over the defender because its all rounded off with no sights to hang on anything when drawing. It utilizes the old colt trench sight system from the colt single action army minus the front sight blade.

This doesnt hamper short range shooting like you find in a defensive situation. You womt be using the sights anyway if you ever need to use it for its intended purpose so training with the trench system i think prepairs you better for a defensive situation.

Ive got nothing but good to say about the new agent. 9mm or 45acp you cant go wrong either way

otisthecat 01-27-2013 04:26 AM

I picked up a Defender (New Agent with sites) in .45 a week ago and basically haven't put it down since. I've been obsessing over it for months though, so my opinion is biased. For me it all just works. Weight, looks, feel, it's the complete package. Been to the range twice with it, zero issues with multiple kinds of ammo.

I do think it shoots a little low, but I'm also a subpar shot, so I'm still not completely convinced it's not just me.

JL77 01-27-2013 04:49 AM

It's got me pretty fired up.

They are so hard to come by and you rarely see them.

Thinking about going ahead and picking one up tomorrow.

JL77 01-27-2013 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357
If you can afford it, get the .45 and don't look back.

I can and think I will.

CA357 01-27-2013 04:40 PM

Of course we will require a full range report and accompanying gun pron. :D

JL77 01-27-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM
Ive gota new agent in 45acp. Absolutely superb firearm. Best of all the micro 1911 out there. Feeds everything without issue. The 45 version can also use any full size mag not just the short ones. The short mag it comes with still holds 7 giving you a 7+1 load out.

My preference is the new agent over the defender because its all rounded off with no sights to hang on anything when drawing. It utilizes the old colt trench sight system from the colt single action army minus the front sight blade.

This doesnt hamper short range shooting like you find in a defensive situation. You womt be using the sights anyway if you ever need to use it for its intended purpose so training with the trench system i think prepairs you better for a defensive situation.

Ive got nothing but good to say about the new agent. 9mm or 45acp you cant go wrong either way

Thanks for the info.

Just curious, in your opinion, how would trench site system perform in a low light situation?

That is my only concern with the gun. And, I'm certain that plenty of practice would provide confidence. I'm just wondering about a scenario where it would have to be used or pulled against a threat at night or in a dark area.