Colt New Agent

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Colt New Agent

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2007, 03:50 AM   #1
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 699 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Default Colt New Agent

Finally settled on a compact 1911. Colt's New Agent.

It's a 3" barrel 1911 model with gutter sights. I liked the weight, balance and size of the gun plus the gutter sights. I liked the concept of gutter sights and not having raised sights to get snagged. I put several rounds through it already and enjoyed it. Very controllable recoil, nicely balanced and worked flawlessly. I'm going to do some night shooting Sunday to see how well I can manage without a night sight though. I'll post some group pictures then.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-23-2007, 12:20 AM   #2

Default Ccw

Sounds like that will be one excellent carry weapon. Looking forward to your report. Was it expensive?
"Check-6"
JoeBob

Old 09-27-2007, 06:35 AM   #3
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 699 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Worked flawlessly today again. Put 10 boxes through it without a single jam. The webbing on my hand is quite raw though, using the stock grip. I've been able to group my rounds quite nicely with the gutter sight. I've found new grips that incorporate a laser to compensate for no night sights if I ever have the need for them.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 09-27-2007, 01:41 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
Worked flawlessly today again. Put 10 boxes through it without a single jam. The webbing on my hand is quite raw though, using the stock grip. I've been able to group my rounds quite nicely with the gutter sight. I've found new grips that incorporate a laser to compensate for no night sights if I ever have the need for them.
I'll have to swing by Texas next weekend. I've never fired a decent pistol with gutter sights. I've got a few thousand rounds of .45 ACP.

What is chewing on your hand?