Colt or Kimber? if you uwn one....... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Colt or Kimber? if you uwn one.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

At the moment I own no Colts. Have had a couple good ones and one bad one. My wife (The Lovely Mrs) owns 2 Colts, a Commander which is great, and an Officers ACP which has been problematic. My daughter (The Lovely Miss) owns a Delta Gold Cup which is stellar. I heart my Kimber Compact, bought The Lovely Mrs one to carry in place of her Officers.
All that blather being said though, I'd buy the Gold Cup.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Here's the problem I'm having. I have heard that the colts are not as good as they used to be and are living off their name. But others are saying that's BS and they think colt is the best thing ever, same for the kimber people. But there is a colt commander at my local gun shop that I really like and it feels great. Then there is a kimber I could/want to use for CC also. They both are beautiful. I have heard allot of opinions on this thread so I think I am going to say "to hell with it" and get the colt first since I don't have one in my collection yet and then get the kimber next month so I can have both. Problem solved, thanks for everyone who posted and helped me out. Take care, Ed.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:32 PM   #13

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

A picture is worth a thousand colts...

pairkimbers.jpg

Old 07-11-2011, 04:40 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5814 Times on 3035 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Ive owned both. Two series 70 an original 1970s version and a current production series. I had one kimber. The kimber i sold a while back cuz i hated it. My first series 70 i gave to my brother for a duty weapon. He is giving it back in november as he doesnt want it anymore since he quite being a cop.

The new series 70 are way better than the old ones. I had issues with older finger bushings and feeding some hp ammo. The new one has no such issues.

When i get it back ill do a side by side comparison.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-12-2011, 06:19 AM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
Ive owned both. Two series 70 an original 1970s version and a current production series. I had one kimber. The kimber i sold a while back cuz i hated it. My first series 70 i gave to my brother for a duty weapon. He is giving it back in november as he doesnt want it anymore since he quite being a cop.

The new series 70 are way better than the old ones. I had issues with older finger bushings and feeding some hp ammo. The new one has no such issues.

When i get it back ill do a side by side comparison.
I agree, I can't stand Kimber either. I had a Pro Custom 2 in stainless and night sights. It is hands down the most over priced, unreliable, and disappointing pistol I've shot. It jammed over 120 times out of 600 rounds I put through it and accuracy was just ok, and that after a feed ramp polish and chamber throating. Only things good about it weight and looks. Colts are good, but I like Springfield Armor 1911s.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:28 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Ummmmm....get the COLT!!!!

[]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
"----)_'_\--(
"--------\--\
"---------\_/

Old 07-15-2011, 07:19 AM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I own a Colt and I used to own a kimber, their is a reason for that. The other 2 Colts and the one I have now have not had any problems with jams, misdeeds, or accuracy, the kimber did.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:30 AM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

The other thing is Colt has a life time warranty and kimber has 1 year maybe 2 year warranty.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #19
Jay

Liked 16 Times on 10 Posts

Some have issues with one brand, and some don't. I have a Colt Gov't model, and a Colt Commander, 1911's, and two pre-series 1 Kimbers, with 4" barrels. None of 'em have ever given me any sort of issue.

kimsle.jpg   procdp.jpg   1911ser70.jpg   commander.jpg  

NRA Life Member
Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys

Last edited by Jay; 07-15-2011 at 10:23 AM.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #20
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I want to thank everyone for your advice and opinions. That is why this site is the best. I am going today or tomorrow morning to choose between a Colt 1991 series commander or a Kimber ultra crimson carry II. If I can't decide on which one I want then I am going to say to hell with it and get both. I will be broke after but its only money. Thanks again, take care. Ed