Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Colt Double Eagle Commander?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 05:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Colt Double Eagle Commander?

I was in one of our local pawnshops today and came across this little beasty. I was curious if the $900 price tag was reasonable or overpriced. I looked on gunbroker and gunsamerica i think it was and saw that they were selling for around $560 - $700, so i thought that the $900 was fairly high and overpriced, but i wasnt really sure if this was the case or if there were just amazing deals on these sites.

The gun comes with a plastic carrying case and a spare magazine, but there is a large scratch on the front right side of the slide just behind where the sights sit.

Is this a deal or are they overpricing the pistol?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-11-2010, 08:09 AM   #2

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Nothing special here. Colt was trying to appeal to a different bunch of folks so they made these for a few years. They aren't common but not especially valuable either, $900 is way overpriced...

Old 03-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

900$ seems pretty steep for those guns. Let it sit on the shelf a few months and you'll get it for a more reasonable price-MAYBE.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 03-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #4

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

The Colt Double Eagle was an answer to an unasked question.

The Colt 1911 customer was not looking for a double-action semi-automatic pistol with a decocking lever.

IMHO, it is stone ugly with its glockesk trigger guard, hinge trigger and morphed stock accommodating the decocking lever.

$900 is way too high, half that would be a steal <$600 would be OK for one in good shape.

There are some rare models like the Commander chambered in 10mm or .40 S&W.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Last edited by canebrake; 03-12-2010 at 03:07 PM.