Colt Customer Service

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Colt Customer Service

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2014, 01:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts

Default Colt Customer Service

I had to send my colt 1911 in for repairs and I'm going through withdraws lol. They have had it for 5 full business days and they have not contacted me about it. Should I wait a couple more days before I call? What's everyone's thoughts on Colts CS?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-12-2014, 10:53 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3112 Times on 1788 Posts
Likes Given: 1322

Patience is prudent. They will get back with you (or you just may get it returned without a call with a list of what was done).

If you do decide to call, just confirm that they got it. Some repairs take longer than others.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Last edited by danf_fl; 06-12-2014 at 09:15 PM.
JonM Likes This 
Old 06-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6013 Times on 3149 Posts
Likes Given: 431

Your lucky.

Cs returns go through extensive work to make sure its right before you get it back. When they get done your getting a gun for all intents and purpose is a custom shop gun. Colt isnt fast on cs but you get back a better gun than one that didnt have an issue.

I liken having a problem with colt gun and them fixing it as winning a small lottery ticket...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-14-2014, 01:31 PM   #4

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. I found out they don't call and tell you what's going to be done. They send out a letter. So I'm just going to wait it out.

Jon, I agree with you as long as it comes back fixed and not in worse shape. I understand they a professionals and that's what they do for a living. I have read a lot of reviews about there CS. And it was about 50/50 good and bad. I was prepare for the worst and hope for the best. But I'm sure she will come back fixed and in great shape.