Colt commander or sig carry? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Colt commander or sig carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

how can you say the Colt is a better gun? Sig Sauer has an excellent reputation of high quality firearms and has for many, many years. they don't command the prices they do and get unless they were quality firearms. that's not conjecture, but simple fact.

and if the Sig fits his hand better and it being of high quality, then maybe the Sig would be the better choice for him. if you are going to make such statements from now on, please back them up with some facts.

another pistol that you might want to look at is the bobbed Dan Wesson 1911's. i have handled a few of their pistols, and they are most impressive. very high quality.
I purchased a Sig 290 for CC. The pistol was the absolute worst gun I have ever owned. This is saying a lot because I have had some really bad guns. Out 50 rounds the gun would misfire 20 times. Accuracy was a bad joke. I completely understand that you can get a bad gun with any brand so I was not so upset with the gun. My real problem and the reason I will never own another Sig as long as I live is not the fact that the weapon was faulty, it could have been fixed, but Sig customer service was unbelievably horrible. The gun could have been easily fixed but sig said it would take 6 months! Their recommendation to me was to just take it to a gunsmith and pay for it myself. My recommendation was to trade it in on a Springfield XDs!

Old 11-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #12
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdixon2138 View Post
I purchased a Sig 290 for CC. The pistol was the absolute worst gun I have ever owned. This is saying a lot because I have had some really bad guns. Out 50 rounds the gun would misfire 20 times. Accuracy was a bad joke. I completely understand that you can get a bad gun with any brand so I was not so upset with the gun. My real problem and the reason I will never own another Sig as long as I live is not the fact that the weapon was faulty, it could have been fixed, but Sig customer service was unbelievably horrible. The gun could have been easily fixed but sig said it would take 6 months! Their recommendation to me was to just take it to a gunsmith and pay for it myself. My recommendation was to trade it in on a Springfield XDs!
i agree. poor CS can tarnish the view of any item bought. not just firearms. it is true anyone can have a bad product slip through the cracks and make it to the consumer, even the best made. how they handle it says a lot.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #13

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Both are great guns, I sold my sig but was very impressed with the quality and CS (sent it back to get sight replaced all free of charge). I now want a wesson and have nver owned a colt but can't imagine you would be upset with either purchase.

image-639780826.jpg  

Old 11-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #14

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

The Colt will be the more accurate of the two in my opinion. Either would work quite well though.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #15

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie
The Colt will be the more accurate of the two in my opinion. Either would work quite well though.
I'm not too sure about that.

My dad found an old Ransom rest at a yard sale with various gun template clamps. It's pretty toasty, but after the first of the year he says he's going to send it back to Ransom for a complete restoration. I plan on putting all these various accuracy claims to the test!

Old 11-27-2012, 01:45 AM   #16

Liked 959 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 741

A gun with an external extractor is not a real 1911. Sorry just the way I feel. Buy the Colt.

USMC 74-78

Old 11-27-2012, 01:51 AM   #17

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

I really like the sig,and its on sale for a killer price on this site right now and if its still on sale when buying time comes I know that's the one I will get. I just can't help but feel I'm getting more gun for the money with the sig.

But there's something alluring about the colt. I will say that. If I had the money for a Wiley clapp this choice would be a non-issue.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:35 AM   #18

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller View Post
A gun with an external extractor is not a real 1911. Sorry just the way I feel. Buy the Colt.
The same could be said for any 1911 that has a firing pin block safety also. *cough* Series 80 *cough*

Let's face it, the 1911 has evolved quite a bit since JMB designed it. Doesn't make any one less "real" than the next. Just a matter of personal opinion and preference.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #19

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts

I would go with the Nightmare with the bobbed frame. Ive shot one and loved it. In my opinion more worth getting than the Commander. Trigger is crisp, grip feels great, and the over all aesthetics of the gun are good. The black with stainless trim look is definitely sharp

Old 11-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #20

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdixon2138

Sig did used to have bad customer service, actually about as bad as Beretta's customer service was. But has since over the years become alot better which is why my shop decided to carry Sig again. They make a great product and have good CS