Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Colt commander or sig carry? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/colt-commander-sig-carry-77006/)

Jstrong 11-24-2012 09:24 PM

Colt commander or sig carry?

Title says it all, had my heart set on a sig nightmare carry... But now am wondering whether a colt would better serve my purposes. It will be a carry gun,a 21st bday present to myself.

Cane... C3.... Get in here.

Axxe55 11-24-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jstrong (Post 1025615)
Title says it all, had my heart set on a sig nightmare carry... But now am wondering whether a colt would better serve my purposes. It will be a carry gun,a 21st bday present to myself.

Cane... C3.... Get in here.

Cane will more than likely say the Commander. the Nightmare Carry is a Commander sized pistol with a bobbed handle. hard choice to make!

Jstrong 11-24-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55

Cane will more than likely say the Commander. the Nightmare Carry is a Commander sized pistol with a bobbed handle. hard choice to make!

It definantly is! My biggest draw to the nightmare is that bobbed frame,plus I just like the looks of it,held one... Felt awesome. The more I look the more I realize a bobbed frame is not something that comes standard on guns in these price ranges very often. Still need to handle a commander before I choose I reckon.

FullautoUSA 11-24-2012 11:04 PM

Get the Colt, much better gun.

Axxe55 11-25-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FullautoUSA (Post 1025694)
Get the Colt, much better gun.

how can you say the Colt is a better gun? Sig Sauer has an excellent reputation of high quality firearms and has for many, many years. they don't command the prices they do and get unless they were quality firearms. that's not conjecture, but simple fact.

and if the Sig fits his hand better and it being of high quality, then maybe the Sig would be the better choice for him. if you are going to make such statements from now on, please back them up with some facts.

another pistol that you might want to look at is the bobbed Dan Wesson 1911's. i have handled a few of their pistols, and they are most impressive. very high quality.

canebrake 11-25-2012 12:40 AM

What better 21st birthday present than the Colt 21st century Wiley Clap/Talo LW Commander.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ander_1911.jpg

You buy a Kimber for your ego, you buy a Colt for life.

Jstrong 11-25-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake
What better 21st birthday present than the Colt 21st century Wiley Clap/Talo LW Commander.

You buy a Kimber for your ego, you buy a Colt for life.

As always cane your taste is impeccable,buuut.... My price cap at the very highest is about 1000,and im scraping the change bucket clean to achieve that. Anything more and ill probably have to part with another gun,and the ones I have left I'm very fond of... Especially my PPQ which would be the only logical choice seeing as I can't part with my only shotgun or AK.

Absolutely gorgeous gun though,I'd like to have one when I get more disposable income. If you were to get a colt that would be the one to get

rhyno13 11-25-2012 01:15 AM

Personally I would get the Sig. I know that both are good guns, but I am partial to Sig Sauer, I have never had a POS Sig, I have had POS Colts.

sdiver35 11-25-2012 01:23 AM

I may take one on the chin for this, but it's my opinion. I have owned a Colt Lightweight Commander, Kimber Tactical Ultra II and a Sig Scorpion Carry 1911. The one I carried today and the only one remaining from the three still in my collection is the Sig. The fit, finish and overall performance of the Sig has been impressive to say the least.

I own four Sig's now if that says anything. P226R Combat TB, P938 Nightmare, Scorpion Carry and 522 rifle. No Colt or Kimber models in the safe anymore!

Olympus 11-25-2012 03:37 AM

Nothing wrong the with the Colt Commander. But for the money, I think Sig has Colt beat in the commander arena. Not mention I dislike the old style thumb safeties that Colt seems to still use. They've caught up with the times and started using upswept beavertail safeties, but they still haven't ditched the old, small thumb safeties. Not to mention front cocking serrations are pointless and just add more "busy-ness" to the overall look of the gun.