citadel 45 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > citadel 45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 06:58 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTchad
Please don't be crazy, and listen to CA, Dan, and Cane lOl, I'm a 1911 newbie but I strongly believe they are correct. And I always listen to these 3 gurus
You should also listen to JonM and Wambli, they know their stuff really good. The 3 you named + 2 I mentioned have got me to hush and listen with out saying it. These 5 are gun gurus in my book. I don't kiss ass, nor do I blow smoke, but I am a newbie as well and am craving knowledge.

I have a small collection, but it's mine and it's what I want. I am a shooter and genuinely enjoy it like second nature. I am no pro, but you can bet that if I catch you in my sights, give your soul to God cause your but belongs to me. I respect guns and got out of the loop for about 5 years and now I am getting back into it. I work LE so my shot needs to be true, cause my life depends on it both on and off duty. On duty I carry a Glock 22 and off duty I carry either Glock 23 or a Sig, but my fav is a good 1911. A good 1911 is a bush in hands of an artist painting master pieces. They just feel right and handle great, and when it comes to 1911 the 5 mentioned are the ones I seek advice from.

A know it all can learn nothing, and I don't know it all and want to learn. That is the main reason I got on the forum and maybe share some of my own experiences and opinions with others. In my line of work I think it pays to have knowledge of fire arms and proficiency with them, but you would be amazed how many LEO don't know crap about their tools. You can tell who is a scholastic rookie out of the training academy, and who isn't. So I say thanks to those educate people like me so that I can pass it on to those who want to learn.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:03 AM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911newbee
Hey guys,i am thinking about picking up the citadel 1911/45 cal compact.It feels good in my hand and would be easier to conceal,as i am very thin.Problem is i would probably have to trade my s.a.mil spec in to get it.Any thoughts or input on citadel would be helpful.thanks steven
I'm not going put anybody down, but listen to the advise of JonM, CA, Cane, Dan, or Wambli. They know of what they speak. 1911 is a piece of American history and made a lot of history

Old 10-11-2011, 01:51 AM   #13

I have one like yours, put 300 rounds on it and no problems at all. Just remember to use grease, not oil on the slider.