Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   citadel 45 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/citadel-45-a-47003/)

1911newbee 08-17-2011 08:52 PM

citadel 45

Hey guys,i am thinking about picking up the citadel 1911/45 cal compact.It feels good in my hand and would be easier to conceal,as i am very thin.Problem is i would probably have to trade my s.a.mil spec in to get it.Any thoughts or input on citadel would be helpful.thanks steven

canebrake 08-17-2011 09:19 PM

First I would never sell a Springer to buy a Philippines built replacement.

For one, the Armsco Citadel will not hold its value like the SA you already own.

Word has it that the mags that come with the Citadels are trash. FTF issues.

Keep the Mil Spec, its a better 1911.

AznZOhAn 08-17-2011 09:52 PM

I'm no expert, but
O when Cane, JonM, or Wambli speak I listen. I can't speak on the gun you wanna buy, but SA has a good reputation. in my opinion, SA is second only to Colt.

danf_fl 08-17-2011 10:13 PM

Keep what you have.
Cane is correct.
If you want another, save a little each payday and buy a second.

One can never have enough firearms.

Rick1967 08-17-2011 10:13 PM

I don't think I would sell a Springfield to buy a Citidel. However, I own the full sized Citadel. Mine has been very reliable. It is ultra acurate too. For the money, I think it is a great gun. I easliy have a couple thousand rounds through mine. And I can hold my own with it in competition.

JonM 08-17-2011 10:18 PM

if you want a smaller gun look at the colt defender/new agent or the springer versions of same.

i agree with cane your not getting a good deal there

save a few sheckles if your coming up short for a better quality ccw friendly 1911

AznZOhAn 08-17-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl
Keep what you have.
Cane is correct.
If you want another, save a little each payday and buy a second.

One can never have enough firearms.

I like your thinking Dan, I wish my daughters mother saw it the same way. My mom agrees, she says go buy guns and teach her granddaughter how to shoot. So I bought her a sig 229, she's only 6 months.

Firearms4ever 08-17-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AznZOhAn (Post 565152)
I like your thinking Dan, I wish my daughters mother saw it the same way. My mom agrees, she says go buy guns and teach her granddaughter how to shoot. So I bought her a sig 229, she's only 6 months.

Personally I would've bought her a .22lr revolver. Then I would've had an excuse to get one :p.

Olympus 08-18-2011 12:21 AM

I owned a Citadel Compact for a while and I was very unhappy with the gun. It would not feed any brand of hollowpoint ammo and after the first month, the front sight came loose and would slide from side to side of the slide. It would never stay tight. I ended up selling the gun and I've never bought another Armscor-made 1911. Just my experience with the gun...

EMTchad 08-18-2011 01:22 AM

Please don't be crazy, and listen to CA, Dan, and Cane lOl, I'm a 1911 newbie but I strongly believe they are correct. And I always listen to these 3 gurus