Cimarron 1911
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Cimarron 1911

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Drew197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9
Default Cimarron 1911

Just picked this 1911 up yesterday and I'm not very familiar with the brand so I was wondering if anyone has had one or what they've heard about them

image-2669374219.jpg  
__________________
Drew197 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 11-24-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew197 View Post
Just picked this 1911 up yesterday and I'm not very familiar with the brand so I was wondering if anyone has had one or what they've heard about them
so would you buy a car without knowing anything about the one you were looking at? same thing with a firearm. the time to do your research is before you buy, not afterwards.

hypothetical situation. what if many of us got on here and told you horror stories about that particular pistol? what then? you've already bought it! it's yours now. what if you found out after the fact that they had poor CS in regards to the warranty in fixing it if there was a problem? i could go on, but i think my point has been made.

sounds to me that you made an impulse buy based on you just wanted to buy a pistol, am i correct? many of us here make impulse buys, but know what we are buying in the first place. sometimes it's better to pass on something than end up buying something you end up regretting later. most firearms lose value when they are bought then used. so if you regret the purchase later, you stand to lose money many times.

the Cimmaron 1911 is a decent 1911. as to it's worth, depends on what you paid for it.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
beaglesam Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
towboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Somewares,Ky
Posts: 3,587
Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

Default

I've not owned or shot one. But their supposed to be nice dependable shooters.

__________________
towboater is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:12 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
eborden1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Birthplace of Elvis
Posts: 452
Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

I dont know a thing about them but it is very nice looking. Let us know how it does on the range. Good luck to you!!

__________________
EVERYBODY should be a supporting member of this board. Nobody can be that damn cheap.......

HOTTY TODDY!!!!
eborden1122 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Drew197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

so would you buy a car without knowing anything about the one you were looking at? same thing with a firearm. the time to do your research is before you buy, not afterwards.

hypothetical situation. what if many of us got on here and told you horror stories about that particular pistol? what then? you've already bought it! it's yours now. what if you found out after the fact that they had poor CS in regards to the warranty in fixing it if there was a problem? i could go on, but i think my point has been made.

sounds to me that you made an impulse buy based on you just wanted to buy a pistol, am i correct? many of us here make impulse buys, but know what we are buying in the first place. sometimes it's better to pass on something than end up buying something you end up regretting later. most firearms lose value when they are bought then used. so if you regret the purchase later, you stand to lose money many times.

the Cimmaron 1911 is a decent 1911. as to it's worth, depends on what you paid for it.
It was payment for some easy labor
__________________
Drew197 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew197 View Post
It was payment for some easy labor
that's fine. but seriously, what if the gun had been junk? is your time not worth money? if the pistol happened to be junk, it just lessened the value of your time. as i get older, i put a higher value on my time now. if i have to work X number of hours to buy a firearm, then i am dang sure i will buy a qaulity firearm.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:16 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Drew197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9
Default

Dude it's really not a big deal

__________________
Drew197 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #8
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew197 View Post
Dude it's really not a big deal
whatever floats your boat then. too many times there is someone who buys a firearm, then comes on here and posts, "well i just bought this today and what does everyone think about it? is it a good firearm? did i pay too much?" and ect., ect.,,,,,

my point is simple. do your research before and not afterwards. so if your time and money isn't a big deal, so be it. mine is. that's why i research before not after. good luck with your way of doing things.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:02 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
qwiksdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 366
Liked 126 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Default

The Cimarron 1911 is actually built by Armscor, which means you have a good gun there. Armscor is a Philippine company that has a great reputation for building quality, low cost 1911s. Even STI has Armscor build the frame, slide and barrel for their Spartan guns (internals are all STI parts).

__________________
qwiksdraw is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:03 AM   #10
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FullautoUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marxachusetts
Posts: 2,627
Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborden1122
I dont know a thing about them but it is very nice looking. Let us know how it does on the range. Good luck to you!!
Me neither but it is really nice looking.
__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
FullautoUSA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Cimarron Model P - which one first? LongBaller71 Revolver Handguns 29 11-23-2012 03:26 PM
Cimarron Arms reggie Company Review Forum 4 09-28-2012 06:20 PM
RIA vs. Cimarron Zayne 1911 Forum 31 09-27-2012 02:08 PM
cimarron plinkerton BlackBeautyF150 Revolver Handguns 0 07-22-2012 06:54 PM
Cimarron Plinkerton .22 indyfan Revolver Handguns 2 02-06-2011 07:50 PM