Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Cimarron 1911 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/cimarron-1911-a-76999/)

Drew197 11-24-2012 06:51 PM

Cimarron 1911

1 Attachment(s)
Just picked this 1911 up yesterday and I'm not very familiar with the brand so I was wondering if anyone has had one or what they've heard about them

Axxe55 11-24-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew197 (Post 1025516)
Just picked this 1911 up yesterday and I'm not very familiar with the brand so I was wondering if anyone has had one or what they've heard about them

so would you buy a car without knowing anything about the one you were looking at? same thing with a firearm. the time to do your research is before you buy, not afterwards.

hypothetical situation. what if many of us got on here and told you horror stories about that particular pistol? what then? you've already bought it! it's yours now. what if you found out after the fact that they had poor CS in regards to the warranty in fixing it if there was a problem? i could go on, but i think my point has been made.

sounds to me that you made an impulse buy based on you just wanted to buy a pistol, am i correct? many of us here make impulse buys, but know what we are buying in the first place. sometimes it's better to pass on something than end up buying something you end up regretting later. most firearms lose value when they are bought then used. so if you regret the purchase later, you stand to lose money many times.

the Cimmaron 1911 is a decent 1911. as to it's worth, depends on what you paid for it.

towboater 11-24-2012 08:51 PM

I've not owned or shot one. But their supposed to be nice dependable shooters.

eborden1122 11-24-2012 09:12 PM

I dont know a thing about them but it is very nice looking. Let us know how it does on the range. Good luck to you!!

Drew197 11-24-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55

so would you buy a car without knowing anything about the one you were looking at? same thing with a firearm. the time to do your research is before you buy, not afterwards.

hypothetical situation. what if many of us got on here and told you horror stories about that particular pistol? what then? you've already bought it! it's yours now. what if you found out after the fact that they had poor CS in regards to the warranty in fixing it if there was a problem? i could go on, but i think my point has been made.

sounds to me that you made an impulse buy based on you just wanted to buy a pistol, am i correct? many of us here make impulse buys, but know what we are buying in the first place. sometimes it's better to pass on something than end up buying something you end up regretting later. most firearms lose value when they are bought then used. so if you regret the purchase later, you stand to lose money many times.

the Cimmaron 1911 is a decent 1911. as to it's worth, depends on what you paid for it.

It was payment for some easy labor

Axxe55 11-24-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew197 (Post 1025642)
It was payment for some easy labor

that's fine. but seriously, what if the gun had been junk? is your time not worth money? if the pistol happened to be junk, it just lessened the value of your time. as i get older, i put a higher value on my time now. if i have to work X number of hours to buy a firearm, then i am dang sure i will buy a qaulity firearm.

Drew197 11-24-2012 10:16 PM

Dude it's really not a big deal

Axxe55 11-24-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew197 (Post 1025660)
Dude it's really not a big deal

whatever floats your boat then. too many times there is someone who buys a firearm, then comes on here and posts, "well i just bought this today and what does everyone think about it? is it a good firearm? did i pay too much?" and ect., ect.,,,,,

my point is simple. do your research before and not afterwards. so if your time and money isn't a big deal, so be it. mine is. that's why i research before not after. good luck with your way of doing things.

qwiksdraw 11-24-2012 11:02 PM

The Cimarron 1911 is actually built by Armscor, which means you have a good gun there. Armscor is a Philippine company that has a great reputation for building quality, low cost 1911s. Even STI has Armscor build the frame, slide and barrel for their Spartan guns (internals are all STI parts).

FullautoUSA 11-24-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eborden1122
I dont know a thing about them but it is very nice looking. Let us know how it does on the range. Good luck to you!!

Me neither but it is really nice looking.