Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Choosing the right Springer. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/choosing-right-springer-84197/)

broke-again124 02-14-2013 02:06 PM

Choosing the right Springer.

I need some informative suggestions/opinions on which Springfield 1911 to buy. I want a springer so I've been looking at the operator with the green frame and rail, the loaded model, the RO, and of course, the TRP. I really am leaning toward the operator. Anyone have any opinions that may help? This gun will be very used. No safe queens allowed.

broke-again124 02-14-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broke-again124
I need some informative suggestions/opinions on which Springfield 1911 to buy. I want a springer so I've been looking at the operator with the greed frame and rail, the loaded model, the RO, and of course, the TRP. I really am leaning toward the operator. Anyone have any opinions that may help? This gun will be very used. No safe queens allowed.

And that is supposed to be titled "choosing the right springer". Lol. And Also "green" frame not "greed".

Olympus 02-14-2013 02:15 PM

I can't get on board with the rail on the Operator. TRP would be my first choice and then a Loaded Target in 9mm would be my second choice just for the fun of having a 9mm.

badasstruck 02-14-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broke-again124
I need some informative suggestions/opinions on which Springfield 1911 to buy. I want a springer so I've been looking at the operator with the greed frame and rail, the loaded model, the RO, and of course, the TRP. I really am leaning toward the operator. Anyone have any opinions that may help? This gun will be very used. No safe queens allowed.

I have the MC Operator in OD green It's a badass pistol that shoots as great as it looks!! Highly recommend it....now the problem becomes locating one. I looked for 3 months before scoring one. They can be hard to find.

winds-of-change 02-14-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broke-again124 (Post 1137228)
And that is supposed to be titled "choosing the right springer". Lol. And Also "green" frame not "greed".

Fixed it for you.

broke-again124 02-14-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change

Fixed it for you.

Thanks. Didn't want people wondering what I was talkin bout.

broke-again124 02-14-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badasstruck

I have the MC Operator in OD green It's a badass pistol that shoots as great as it looks!! Highly recommend it....now the problem becomes locating one. I looked for 3 months before scoring one. They can be hard to find.

My LGS has one. 1259.00. Also has TRP for 1589.00

DrumJunkie 02-14-2013 03:49 PM

I'm not a fan of railed pistols in general. That aside you really can not go wrong with any springer. I've owned many 1911's in my life and shot even more. There's other good ones out there but the Springers are just better...for me. As stated earlier if you cna get hold of a loaded 9mm A1 you wil fall in love. Almost no recoil, ammo is cheaper, and the group as good or better than any other A1 9mm I've ever owned or shot.

Out of the two you are looking at the I like the TRP a bit more.

Be warned though....One is great but two are better. Too much is just to enough.

broke-again124 02-14-2013 05:33 PM

I think I've decided on the mc operator. Gun shop is gonna lemme do 1135.00 out the door. Can't ask for more than that right now I guess. Plus I love that OD green!!

bartwatkins 02-14-2013 05:34 PM

Between your choices listed (and money not being an option), I would go with the TRP hands down....

(however, nothing wrong with any of them - so if you are really wanting a railed pistol then the Operator would do just fine too).