Check-Mate Mags
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Check-Mate Mags

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Check-Mate Mags

I'm new here and have been doing a lot of reading here and at other 1911 forums.

Was wondering if anyone has any experience w/ Check-Mate Industries mags? On Cane's recommendation I've purchased a Tripp and I'm trying it out but Check-Mate was recommended in this series of reviews. Has there been any discussion on his findings?

1911 Magazine Analysis
1911 Magazine Analysis Part 2

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-15-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

My only experience is with their M1A magazines and they are top quality.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-15-2010, 06:14 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 233 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 500

I used some in the military for my m-4, we didnt have as many of them as the standerd colt mags but I never heard of any one having a problem with one.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 08-15-2010, 11:48 PM   #4

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Their M14 mags are the best avail, and are the only USGI supplier (since the 80's).

Their M9 mags were terrible, but have been redesigned.

Have not used their 1911 mags. Tripps are the shizzle. Metalforms are flawless for me, as well.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-16-2010, 12:43 AM   #5
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 305 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Mild hijack, but along the same lines, what do you all think about Chip McCormick Custom mags?

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:02 AM   #6

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_bald_guy View Post
Mild hijack, but along the same lines, what do you all think about Chip McCormick Custom mags?
Good mags. They used to be made by Metalform and branded for CM. Not sure if they still are.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."