Cheap 1911 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Cheap 1911

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 12:25 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 24 Times on 7 Posts

Cane's probably right in that I won't have this one long as it will be good trade bait for something I actually want/need. I broke it down and went through it and it's tight and in great shape. The fella I got it from says it's a real good shooter and the 2 other Taurii 1911s I had shot well. No, I wouldn't pay $600 for one but less than $400 is AOK with me...

Old 05-17-2010, 12:35 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I don't think I could build mine with all it's bells and whistles for less than $600. Overall they are very nice for the price.
Saw a fully loaded one today that was bright chromed with a built in accessory rail and gold accents with pearlescent grips...I lusted visibly but it was in 38 Super and I can't do that. Even for $560...

I want to be a ball turret gunner.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:27 AM   #13

Liked 24 Times on 7 Posts

The trigger on this one felt a bit odd so I broke it down again and gave it a thorough exam. Seems as though the previous owner did some kitchen gunsmithing and modified the sear angles in an attempt to get a better trigger. There just wasn't what I felt a positive engagement between the sear & hammer. Luckily, I had a new sear in the parts box (hammer looked stock) so I went ahead and put in a new one. I had to fit the safety just a tad with the new sear and I feel much better about this one now...

Old 05-18-2010, 04:13 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Congrats! Looks nice. Better than the factory stainless version they offer IMO.