Calling all 1911 Haters! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > Calling all 1911 Haters!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 10:38 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

He's a good kid, but he appears to have bought that pistol for the wrong reasons. When he tires of it {crossing fingers} i hope to pick it up for cheap.
Don't do it, you'll wind up hating it and trading it in for a few Glocks.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:34 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Probably aren't any but I was really tired of seeing the Glock hater thread on the front page...
ROFL!!

They're too dang expensive!!!!!! The ones I want anyway.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:19 AM   #13

Liked 1429 Times on 809 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

wellsmackmyass.gif  

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-27-2010, 01:30 AM   #14

Growing up a Vietnam issue Marine's son I learned two important things 1st B.R.A.S.S.!!!!,the second was and I quote " 7+1 ol' SLABSIDES is all you will ever need ,everything else is just country." so that said 13+ mag cap. is nice ,but the 1911 has earned it's keep in some of the worst places on the planet .

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”

Samuel Adams

Old 08-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5736 Times on 3361 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Don't do it, you'll wind up hating it and trading it in for a few Glocks.
Nah, i would enjoy the 1911 at the range & such. I definately wouldn't swap him for my XD though, maybe the CZ75b.

The boy just cracked me up with the way he was almost stunned that his 1911 didn't hold as many rounds as a much newer design with a double-stacked mag.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:44 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5736 Times on 3361 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Since i don't get to the range every week, i like to have a few extra rounds available, just-in-case.
I was not trying to start the "timeless design vs. higher capacity" debate; i was just passing on some amusement at his misunderstanding of some aspects of the 1911.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #17

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Let's not start praising the 1911 here. Come on, hate it, hate it, hate it. Say it with me, "Glock good, new, big mag, it hold light...1911 bad, old, wimpy mag, ammo so expensive."

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 08-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #18

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37 View Post
I have never been impressed with high capacity counts. A good training aid for a shootout would be to take him rabbit hunting. When they run and you shoot at them with a pistol you either miss or hit right away. Soon he will learn to spot and stalk. One round is all it takes then.

How does that matter to real life? Walk around condition white and think 19+1 rounds will save the day is just silly. Be cautious and know whats around you and notice trouble before it happens and even a 1911 with a 7 round mag not topped off will be more than plenty to keep you safe..

I tried to keep it short as possible, but I kill plenty of rabbits with my carry guns every year.......

G37,

I believe you are making this more simplistic than reality warrants. In no way can rabbit hunting be compared to a real life “shootout” after all the rabbit is not shooting back at you. Being good for target practice yes, use of draw techniques yes but training for a self defense situation not hardly.

I agree that being aware of what is around you is one of the most important aspects of self defense and proper shot placement will end most threats fairly early. BUT…. In a real world situation an individual will have an immediate dump of adrenalin into their body and this will physically affect their body reaction, muscle movement, eye/hand coordination, visual acuity, and their thought process. Now this will be different for each individual however the physical responses will be the same.

No one knows what they will do or how they will react in a self defense situation and having the largest number of rounds available to you is only sensible. “I” would rather have 12 + 1 in my weapon and an additional 12 in my reload than only have 9 and 8.

Now with that said I also believe it is each person’s responsibility to choose what they feel comfortable with and practice with same. I have found that a person shooting a weapon “they” want will perform much better than that same person carrying a weapon that someone has convinced them they “must” because it is the best, latest, and greatest or it has been around for 100 years and there fore it is the only weapon anyone should carry. Bull Pucky, the best weapon is the one you feel is best for you and you can shoot well with.

Scubie

Old 08-27-2010, 07:40 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

This was a funny thread....

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-27-2010, 07:41 PM   #20

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

If you hate MIM, buy any and spend the $100 or so to replace the MIM parts.

Personally, I've owned & shot 1911s for a long time and have never had a part fail (MIM or non-MIM). The only problem I ever had with a part breaking is the safety came off a Taurus 1911. Personally, I think the MIM hate is just an interwebz thing. If MIM parts failed so miserably and so often - manufacturers wouldn't use them as it wouldn't be cost effective...