Bump Firing - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum >

Bump Firing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

If your get in tight enough with a unit commander, you MAY be able to beg a range trip with the unit. I'm sure you can guess, that's very much against regs, but some folks are willing to bend the rules a little...

Old 08-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #12
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2474 Times on 1326 Posts
Likes Given: 879

I've had my 15-22 bump fire on a couple of occasions. It'll spit out a quick 3 round burst or so.

But I agree with Robo for the most part. Full auto wastes money. Fun? Maybe. But since when have we needed to employ suppressive fire.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 08-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Look into slidefire stocks. I think you'll find it far more interesting.
... and much more safer ...

Old 08-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #14

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Those slidefire stocks are just an all around waste of money. First off they are more expensive then what they are worth " $350, seriously!!", i can think of alot better uses for my money, and second you waste alot of ammo for nothing, but to each their own.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #15

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

Wait a few years on buying that slidefire stock,you might get lucky & find one @ a yard sale for cheap. If the BATFE dont ban them first?

As for bump firing,

You want to stay safe as possible? Find your local law enforcement firing range,at anytime (even when its closed) walk right in & pick a lane.

P.S. they also allow any types of converted full autos in there,have fun!!!

Old 08-26-2012, 05:02 PM   #16

Liked 335 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Those slidefire stocks are just an all around waste of money. First off they are more expensive then what they are worth " $350, seriously!!", i can think of alot better uses for my money, and second you waste alot of ammo for nothing, but to each their own.
I have to agree. I don't get the obsession with trying to replicate full auto. Real full auto is one thing and I can see the value of them in a battle situation and I can see why they cost as much as they do for a civilian to own (that old supply and demand thingy). Anyone who has ever fired a full auto can attest that it is not at all accurate to just blast through a a mag in 2 seconds. They are fun for a little while, but I could see it wearing off pretty fast. That and the ammo costs. But whatever floats your boat I guess, it's not my money.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #17

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Now you know all the reason for you not to do it, even though Dillinger was pretty affective with a full auto 1911, so now I'll try an answer your question, hold the 1911 with your strong hand and with a Sharpie marker pull the trigger softly with your other hand, might take a couple attempts till you get the rhythm, good luck.

shoot safe, shoot straight, and have fun

Old 08-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #18

Cuba, Thank you very much for you answer, I appeciate it very much. I was not trying to stir anyone up, but I had seen a vid on you tube and just wanted to try it for the fun of it. I'm 68, been shooting and hunting since I was 10. Had 6 years of miltary and always shoot in a safe place. I would not wish to hunt or use a firearm in this method for self defence. I realize it would not be accurate and besides that the cost of the ammo would be out of sight. Thanks again! Hawk

Old 08-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #19

Liked 987 Times on 528 Posts
Likes Given: 796

I have 4 of them, can afford the ammo and love shooting them. We have a blast when they are broken out. At shoots we haven't found any one who doesn't like shooting them. 2-10 round bursts or empty the whole mag. But owning 350+ guns I guess I'm just a child. Some of you are just ignorant of a good time. Why does Knob Creek have 25,000 people at the worlds largest machine gun shoot? Because full auto is a blast. Try it a few times before you speak out of ignorance.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #20

Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller
I have 4 of them, can afford the ammo and love shooting them. We have a blast when they are broken out. At shoots we haven't found any one who doesn't like shooting them. 2-10 round bursts or empty the whole mag. But owning 350+ guns I guess I'm just a child. Some of you are just ignorant of a good time. Why does Knob Creek have 25,000 people at the worlds largest machine gun shoot? Because full auto is a blast. Try it a few times before you speak out of ignorance.
Did you win the lotto? Lol

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.